Program Coordinator (Clinical Skills/Simulation)
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinates all course sessions which includes recruiting faculty, keeping track of assigned faculty per session and faculty needs per session.
- Prepares course sessions which may include: setting up computers, preparing handouts, necessary equipment, grouping students appropriately into small groups, and other duties as determined by the session requirements.
- Prepares simulation sessions for the courses, including set up and breakdown of simulation equipment, logistics of student and faculty groupings and preparation of other necessary simulation related materials. Assists with the set logistics and operations of other simulation center activities as needed.
- Organizes, tracks and maintains electronic repository of all curricular materials. Ensures receipt of adequately completed evaluation forms and assignments.
- Ensures completion of and maintenance of grade book. Ensures currency of course website materials and announcements, including the syllabus.
- Tracks remediation of absences and other student issues. Maintains student files and correspondence.
- Provides administrative assistance during sessions. Coordinates the use of classroom technologies.
- Assists in the development of program materials and resources. Assists in the development of projects such as editing and updating the course syllabus.
- Communicates well with both students and faculty via email. Responds to emails in a professional and timely manner. Works well with period coordinators to schedule sessions in a manner to best accommodate quizzes and examinations.
- Coordinates and implements mid-course and end-of- year OSCEs (Objective Structured Clinical Examinations) which involves recruiting and scheduling faculty, preparing station materials, creating student schedules, notifying students and faculty in an organized and clear manner, overseeing session logistics, and reporting of results to students.
- Coordinates administrative functions and provides administrative support to the Directors of Clinical Skills courses.
- Maintains the Directors schedules, reviews and prioritizes mail, screens calls, greets visitors, and answers questions regarding office policies, procedures, and services.
- Serves as liaison between the Directors and other members of the College of Medicine, medical centers, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Provides logistics coordination for meetings and conferences. Schedules conferences, and appointments. Makes reservations for meeting locations and coordinates any necessary equipment.
- Coordinates and prepares agendas and prepares materials for conferences and lectures. Prepares and distributes meeting notices, agendas and other relevant information.
- Establishes and maintains close contact with University departments to ensure coordination of effort and exchange of information. Facilitates the work flow for the office and provides follow up on pending actions.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience
- One year of experience providing administrative and logistical support for Clinical Skills and Simulation Operations.
- One year of experience in higher education within an administrative role.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 520102.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.