Professor, Nursing – Simulation at Valencia College
Join our Team! Valencia College is seeking a Professor, Nursing - Simulation to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team as a full-time, tenure-track appointment beginning Fall 2019. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth Nursing Simulation knowledge and experience in an educational or hospital setting. Watch this video to learn more about Valencia College!
As a Professor of Nursing you will function as a planner, developer, consultant , or resource person to both students and faculty involved with simulation. Provide academic/learning support through planning, developing, and coordinating simulation lab activities to support classroom instruction. Provide direct instruction to students to assist their learning.
We’re not just any college. And you‘re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- An active and unencumbered State of Florida Registered Nurse or ARNP License, or the ability to obtain one
- A minimum of 3 years of hospital based medical-surgical clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Experience working in simulation in an educational or hospital setting
- A Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification, or will you be able to earn the certification within one year of hire
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in any setting
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Endowed Chairs and Sabbatical leave
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…click here
Degree Requirement: A Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
To view the complete job description for this role, click here.
Salary: Full Time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Full Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
Location: Orlando, FL 32811 - West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Open until filled
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume.
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation.
- Learning-centered statement.
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available.
Ten-month, tenure-track professors are, in addition to teaching in discipline, responsible for curriculum development, selection of discipline resources, assists in the development and evaluation of faculty and participates in college governance activities. As a 10-month, tenure track faculty member, you will be on a continuing contract to teach 5 courses, maintain 10 office hours, and 10 college service hours that may include, but not limited to serving on committees and work teams, research and special projects.
Valencia’s tenure-track professors must successfully complete a five-year tenure earning process for continued employment