Part Time Simulation Technician
at Washtenaw Community College
Provide the technical skills to support the use of simulation for associate degree health programs including Nursing, Surgical Technician and Radiography. Responsible for preparing and maintaining skills lab equipment, media, computers and materials related to simulation learning and virtual hospital. Answer faculty questions, assist students and faculty with simulation work and assist faculty in preparation for nursing lab experiences. Faculty Position.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program software to model simulators’ physiological responses to instructor specifications.
- Support/assist in role playing applications, props placement, and moulage set-up to create a virtual healthcare setting.
- Operate simulation mannequin sessions based on priority identified by the SIRC Lab Coordinator.
- Assist with training faculty in the use of simulation equipment.
- Serve as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation.
- Conduct tours and simulation sessions for internal/external groups and/or individuals.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment as needed for simulation.
- Provide recommendations for purchase of equipment, supplies and materials related to simulation.
- Adhere to all protocols set in place by the SIRC Lab Coordinator.
- Collaborate in maintenance and repair of simulation equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge of simulation equipment, catalogues and operation manuals.
- Operate and maintains A/V equipment used in sim with prioritization of the SIRC Lab Coordinator.
- Regular attendance on campus is required for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours/Schedule: This is a part time position with a various schedule based on semester course offerings for up to 20 hours per week. May have need for occasional evening or week-end hours.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift and carry skills lab equipment, media, computers and materials as needed.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least one (1) year of experience in healthcare/media environment.
- Ability to use digital cameras, video equipment and microphones.
- Proficiency with PC and Mac, web coding and scripting, maintenance of records, supplies and equipment and inventory of departmental equipment and assets of the simulation lab.
Salary/Hourly Rate: $37.15
Additional Preferred Qualifications: RN
Washtenaw Community College strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services. Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment. Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Link: https://jobs.wccnet.edu/postings/11873