Operations Manager at UPMC’s WISER Center
Assist with the management of the practice including the promotion of excellent patient satisfaction, the coordination of all operational tasks, staffing, scheduling, coordinating templates, and assisting the physicians as needed.
- Act as a liaison for hospital-based services.
- Act as a liaison to visitors to the department from outside the Universirty, making all necessary arrangements.
- Also, coordinate submission of the initial proposal, and if an award is made, subsequent progress reports.
- Also, manage the Division's day to day finances and infrastructure. Maintains contact with University of Pittsburgh faculty regarding subcontracts.
- Assist in the implementation of practice development, including satellite endeavors.
- Assist staff and grants managers produce grant submissions by providing clinical budgets, clinical facilities pages and other clinically administrative documents such as IRBs.
- Assist with development of policy and procedures.
- Assure that faculty are in compliance with CME requirements, patient safety initiatives, and periodic safety, compliance and HIPPA training as defined by UPMC and the individual hospitals.
- Coordinate all aspects of service delivered to patients/families.
- Coordinate physician billing with the UPP billing coordinator. Help streamline billing process.
- Direct the administrative, scheduling, secretarial staff at WISER.
- Ensure efficient patient care and flow including assumption of other staff roles as necessary.
- Independently perform special projects as assigned by the Director, establish deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Interface diplomatically with internal and external individuals to expedite services and facilitate requests. Cultivate collaborative relationships.
- Keep faculty up to date with new E&M and CPT codes as well as coordinating proper documentation in the medical record.
- Maintain compliance with internal policies and external regulatory guidelines, such as HIPAA and OSHA.
- Maintain equipment.
- Manage WISER continuing medical education and external meeting events.
- Manage WISER financial budget and procurements in conjunction with the department financial administrator and Director of WISER.
- Manage special projects related to WISER.
- Manage the organization of WISER files, records and library.
- Monitor purchase requisitions and disbursement requests ensuring that expenses are within budget guidelines.
- Order and keep inventory control for clinical areas.
- Oversee the direct costs such as the purchase, secure storage, and maintenance of all equipment and supplies for the Division and faculty laboratories.
- Participate in the generation and management of WISER generated grants, research and commercial contracts.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and manages/facilitates human resource, compliance, training, etc. activities.
- Responsible for ensuring coverage, managing recruitment, training, performance management and staff development.
- Satellite facility oversight
- Supervise an ACGME accredited fellowship training program in compliance with regulations.
- Supervise and directs the clinical, medical records and surgery scheduling staff.
- Supervise the pre- and post-award components of NIH and other extramural grants.
- Supervise the processing of faculty and fellow appointments. Ensure that faculty and fellows obtain appropriate hospital and medical school appointments.
- Supervise the programs fiscal plan by preparing and monitoring the programs general, capital, operations and research fund budgets.
- B.A.degree in business, health care administration or related field and 3 years of physician office or hospital management experience required.
- OR High school diploma or equivalent and 7 years physician office or hospital management experience required.
- OR Masters Degree and 6 months experience in physician office or hospital management experience or a graduate of administrative hospital fellowship program.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high degree of initiative. Strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to function well autonomously.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $21.94 to $37.97
Union Position: No
Job Title: Manager, Operations
Job ID: 641019
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Corporate Quality
Department: WISER Center
Location: 230 Mckee Place, Pittsburgh PA 15213