Nursing Simulation Technology Administrator
Summary of Duties: The Nursing Simulation Technology Administrator is responsible for developing and implementing simulation curricula in order to meet all accreditation standards. This position also provides mentoring and coaching to faculty and students.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents simulation instruction with technical demonstrations, laboratory sessions, testing, attendance, simulation lab discipline, safety and security.
- Operates simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow medical aspects of scenarios, and makes appropriate adjustments to technology systems.
- Facilitates simulation training and provide feedback to the appropriate persons
- Provides initial orientation of simulation equipment to faculty as appropriate and newly acquired personnel.
- Assists with seeking additional funding sources such as grants and community partnerships
- Conducts initial and ongoing education of lab and simulation clinical faculty in preparation for teaching students in the lab setting.
- Conducts quality review of student experiences and outcomes to guide program and curricular improvements.
- Participates in progression review for student cohorts approaching clinical intensives.
- Facilitates coordination of lab assessments including collaboration with the assessment department to ensure consistent, secure reporting of student outcomes.
- Assists with developing, maintaining and updating the Simulation curriculum.
- Provides consultation with partners as arranged as part of clinical affiliation agreements
- Ensures the collection of data and analysis to evaluate utilization of resources and student learning outcomes and assists with other special projects or initiatives in the use of various simulation modalities.
- Supports and facilitates all simulation activities to maintain accreditation standards for simulation and the Nursing Department.
- Supports nursing students to achieve clinical learning in simulated patient care environment.
- Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare setting.
- Assists in developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the computerized simulators.
- Operates and maintains computerized simulation equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises students to ensure that lab experiences meet course objectives.
- Collaborates on ordering and maintaining inventory of all lab supplies, equipment, furniture, models, AV equipment, and laboratory manuals; recommends purchase of lab equipment and supplies; and maintains a clean, fully equipped nursing skills and simulations lab.
- Facilitates simulation equipment care and maintenance, including troubleshooting and repair as required.
- Contributes to and attends national lab and simulation forums and conferences as appropriate to prepare and assess lab and simulation operational effectiveness.
- Any other duties as may be assigned or required.
Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university required.
Minimum five years professional experience in a hospital environment with significant exposure to direct patient care. At least two years of experience with Simulation technology.
- Prior experience using instructional technology.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software application relevant to simulator functions.
- Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state required
- Ability to work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Learn more and apply: https://www.wcccd.edu/dept/hr_full_time_staff.htm
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.