Instructor, Clinical Simulation and Learning Center – Virginia’s Bon Secours
Promotes and coordinates the teaching-learning activities conducted by the faculty and students while in the Clinical Simulation Center (CSC). Informs and assists faculty in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of simulated learning experiences for students within the college as well as partners and stakeholders within the healthcare community.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF BON SECOURS
We are a $3.5 billion not-for-profit Catholic healthcare ministry operating in six states with a team of over 24,000 strong. We are recognized as a Great Workplace by the Gallup Organization SIX years in a row (only a small elite group of companies can make this claim). Bon Secours is committed to offering services across the full continuum of care to include Hospitals, Physician Practices, Skilled Nursing Care, Assisted Living, Home Care and Hospice. Because we believe a healthy community is a good place to live for ALL residents, we are devoted to care for the poor, sick or dying. Can you deliver exceptional value for those we serve?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing required. Masters of Science in Nursing preferred.
- A minimum of 1year of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Experience in the development and use of clinical simulation scenarios for high fidelity simulation is preferred
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Proficiency in the areas of communication, computer and instructional technology, interpersonal skills, and clinical practice are required.
- Proficient in MS office suite products and web-browsing software.
- Familiar with Instructional Systems Design (ISD) principles and adult learning theories.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a technology enhanced environment including word processing, charts and graphs software, web site, and educational technology skills.
- Occasionally must exert force to lift and/or move objects up to 40 lbs.