Healthcare Simulation Technician
The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Healthcare Simulation Technician. The Healthcare Simulation Technician plans and executes all operational and technical aspects of healthcare simulated learning activities, nursing simulation-based education, and scenario-based training in the LTRC and associated programs/partners and must possess a practical knowledge and experience as a registered nurse to provide the clinical expertise in the College of Nursing simulation program. The incumbent demonstrates operational and technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, trouble-shooting, implementation, hardware/software updates, training, and repair of all simulation labs' inventory, such as the human patient simulator systems, simulation task trainers, associated medical equipment, and computer/audiovisual systems. This individual will work with over 300 students every semester in simulation. This position will be cross-trained to provide support for nursing laboratory clinical experiences. The person in this position will:
- Promotes adherence to best practices, healthcare safety, and the simulation education framework.
- Provides orientation and training for faculty and staff on use of hardware and software as needed and assists in development and coordination of healthcare simulation clinical experiences.
- Manages and executes the Simulation Clinical Experience (SCE) requiring flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Supports compliance of the simulation evaluation and assists with analyzing the data for quality improvement.
- Serves as the operations specialist for simulation-based exercises including programming patient manikin software to model human physiological responses.
- Participates and collects data for simulation education research and assist with identifying program needs and evaluating effectiveness.
- Provide learners with a positive environment ensuring appropriate understanding of equipment and proves for simulation.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, 2 years of full-time verifiable simulation or clinical nursing work experience. Applicants must be able to work flexible hours, have experience in Basic Life Care Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider, and have a current, active, and unencumbered Alabama Nursing License. IBM and MAC platform proficiency is required. A Master's degree in Nursing is preferred. A proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and knowledge of CAE, Laerdal & Gaumard High Fidelity Patient simulators-software is desired. Video and recording knowledge and previous simulation experience is preferred. The approximate starting salary is $46,000 - $49,000 with an excellent benefits package. To ensure full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter describing professional experience as it relates to the requirements of the position and a current resume. Qualified applicants should apply on-line for the position of Director of Student Health Services/RV4233 at https://uah.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=102508.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER OF