Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist – Florida International University
Under minimal administrative direction, serves as support who will set up, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, operate hospital-type equipment and technology used during simulation activities. The Healthcare Simulation Operation Specialist (HSOS) also assists simulation educators, faculty, and learners in the use of equipment used in simulation. Assists in operational activities such as maintenance scheduling, inventory and purchasing functions. The HSOS is familiar with the various modalities of simulation education and understands simulation educational principles; thus, can assist in the development, setup, delivery and takedown of simulation educational sessions.
- Coordinates and oversees all operational and administrative tasks, as needed, in regard to simulation scenarios, such as assist and provide advice during the design and running of simulation scenarios and gives advice on the integrity of the scenario. Contributes to the education aspects which include debriefing and feedback to the learners. Maintains stock levels to meet simulation scenario needs.
- Assists in selecting appropriate modality of simulation to meet learning objectives and which is most appropriate to selected learners (manikin, task trainer, etc.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of equipment, supplies and materials required for simulation.
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory agency polices.
- Attends vendor training sessions, conferences, etc. to stay updated on simulation best practices.
- Operates and is able to troubleshoot hospital equipment used in simulation environments (beds, pumps, etc.).
- Controls, and maintains patient simulators (voice and physiological parameters) during scenario-based training sessions.
- Helps to maintain equipment inventory and schedule of maintenance and technical activities each semester. Maintains simulation equipment to a high standard. Maintains equipment, including routine cleaning and care, and coordinates with vendors to send equipment for repair/service as needed.
- Performs appropriate checklist for environment/simulation setup, as well as takes down simulation equipment after scenario completed.
- Actively contributes to the simulation experience including acting as voice of manikin during scenarios as needed.
- Troubleshoots issues with manikins and equipment and can mobilize resources to ensure functionality of equipment in order to meet course requirements.
- Coordinates with Center Administration to ensure the simulation equipment, and hospital-type equipment for mobile simulation/in-situ simulation is always operational.
- Contributes to the strategic planning of the Center in relation to the mission statement.
- Maintains awareness of scheduling in relation to availability of physical and technical resources for learners to have a successful simulation experience.
- Conducts tours as requested for internal and external customers.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of weight without assistance.
- Degree in computer science or health-related field is preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) preferred.
- Previous knowledge or work experience in a clinical simulation environment preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology.
- Experience working with audio/visual equipment.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers from different disciplines and different level of training.
*TO LEARN MORE AND TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO hr.fiu.edu/careers
Posting ID #522242