Healthcare Simulation Education Specialist
Under the direction of the Simulation Manager, the Simulation Education Specialist supports the mission, purpose and strategic goals of Seattle Children's Hospital, and will work collaboratively with the leadership, faculty, and staff across the institution to ensure evidence-based clinical standards and simulation best practices are reflected in all simulation activities. The Simulation Education Specialist will provide curricular and assessment guidance for educational activities related to simulation. This includes collaboration with simulation faculty to design, implement, facilitate, and debrief manikin-based and/or systems-based simulations. Mentors, trains, and provides mentorship to Simulation Operations Specialists to ensure delivery of excellent services. Consults and advises management in areas such as procurement of hardware, software and audio/visual equipment including; cost, installation and use, user education, training and orientation. Actively participates in outstanding customer service for internal and external stakeholders. Promotes the awareness and effectiveness of simulation-based education at Seattle Children's Hospital.
- Bachelor's degree in a health profession or education-related discipline from an accredited school, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment; able to work evening/weekends.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in clinical, educational research, and/or healthcare education required.
- Experience in clinical and classroom healthcare education with working knowledge of curriculum development and assessment.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS-HCP) (must be completed within 6 months of hire).
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE).
- Current Washington State licensure in a health profession (registered nurse, respiratory care practitioner, emergency medicine technician, or paramedic).
- Master’s degree in education, simulation, healthcare or related discipline.
- Previous experience as an educator in a health profession.
- Five (5) years experience in related discipline.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Experience in simulation-based education and training, evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education and training programs necessary, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Learn More and Apply at: https://careers-seattlechildrens.icims.com/jobs/37880/simulation-education-specialist/job
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.