Faculty – Simulation Instructor – All Ranks (Non-Tenured)
Columbia University School of Nursing is seeking a Simulation Instructor to provide assistance in the development and implementation of simulation-based activities in our new state-of-the-art Simulation Center.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Simulation Center, the incumbent will be responsible for working with faculty, students, staff, and external stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality simulation learning activities are efficiently implemented across all nursing programs.
Specific responsibilities of the Simulation Instructor will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with nursing faculty and other inter-professional faculty to develop simulation scenarios that promote student learning, critical thinking and clinical decision making;
- Supervising students during practice and/or remediation sessions;
- Assisting in teaching simulation sessions;
- Assisting with faculty development and training related to the use of simulation;
- Providing oversight for the coordination and scheduling of the Simulation Center for regular classes, special simulation sections, open labs, advanced clinical skills sessions, clinical skills evaluations, and for other groups requesting lab space;
- Hiring, training and scheduling standardized patients for clinical encounters; and
- Performing other responsibilities and projects as needed and assigned.
A Masters degree in Nursing is required for this role. The incumbent must be a Nurse Practitioner with at least three (3) years of clinical nursing experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required for this position. S/He will be a confident communicator with excellent organizational skills and will have the proven ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
The successful candidate will also have a strong interest in simulation-based learning, human patient simulators and other related technologies.
A Family, Adult or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner is preferred for this position. Also preferred are 3+ years of experience in teaching or precepting nursing students and/or 2+ years of experience in conducting simulation-based learning.
Candidates possessing a Healthcare Simulation Educator certification from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) will be strongly considered.
Applications from candidates who are interested in this role on a part-time basis will also be accepted and considered.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer --Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.