Educational Specialist (US, West Coast)
Role in a nutshell
- Title: Educational Specialist (US, West Coast)
- Role: Responsible for expanding and optimizing use of the OMS VR software
- Location: Based at home, with some travel to organizations throughout designated regional area
- Days/week: Full time, flexible hours
- Compensation: DoE, remote working, PTO, medical + additional benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the educational specialist team at Oxford Medical Simulation, improving patient care through exceptional educational services.
OMS Educational Specialists forge links with healthcare institutions, work with them to understand their needs, then demonstrate, implement and support the use of virtual reality simulation. The educational specialist is dynamic, self-motivated, empathetic to the needs of clients and dedicated to helping them achieve optimal educational results. In addition to supporting the integration of virtual simulation through the OMS Distance platform and live VR experiences, educational specialists support institutions through curricular planning and ongoing live and virtual support.
No experience of VR is needed. Full training is provided by a close-knit team of clinicians and simulationists with the objective to build expertise in virtual reality, simulation-based education and curriculum planning around the effective delivery of the OMS VR system.
You may be a great educational specialist if
- You have a passion for healthcare education or simulation.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious.
- You are curious, an excellent listener, and able to consult with a broad range of individuals to find the best solution for them.
- You are collaborative and supportive of your colleagues.
- You are driven and self-motivated, thriving with a challenge and something new to learn.
- You have experience in simulation learning design or debriefing.
As an educational specialist, you will
- Work with our international educational specialist team to identify and develop links with clients including colleges, universities, hospitals and simulation centers.
- Proactively engage with colleges, universities, hospitals and simulation centers who could benefit from the implementation of virtual or VR simulation in their programs.
- Advise clients on solutions, facilitate the procurement process, and consult on optimal implementation of the OMS VR system.
- Work with clients to improve learner engagement, satisfaction and educational outcomes.
- Work as a part of the wider OMS team in contributing to the design and development of innovative VR simulation scenarios and curricular planning to support those experiences.
- Work collaboratively as part of an expert team of educationalists and simulationists.
- Work from home, with travel within your region to visit new sites, support existing ones, and occasionally outside of your region to conferences.
- Attend conferences (as they re-emerge!) to showcase OMS scenarios.
Who we are
We are nurses, doctors, educators, sim techs, skiers, boarders, runners, rowers, magicians, weavers, pilots, photographers, game heroes, movie buffs, developers, artists, animators and innovators. We are hard working. We are passionate about what we do. We care about the work. We care about each other. We care about pushing the boundaries to improve the lives of others.
We value these behaviors above all:
- Care & Pride – when we do something we do it to the best of our ability.
- Growth mindset – we may never have done it before but we’ll figure it out and it’ll be awesome.
- True team players – we leave the ego at the door. What we are doing is bigger than any of us.
Sound like a challenge you are ready for?
About Oxford Medical Simulation
Oxford Medical Simulation (OMS) helps health systems, hospitals, medical and nursing schools deliver quality simulation at scale.
Our award-winning VR simulation platform is transforming the way healthcare and educational institutions train, assess and recruit healthcare professionals. By combining cutting edge 3D visualization with artificial intelligence and leading educational theory, OMS provides all of the benefits of physical simulation while delivering significant savings and improving patient care.
Founded in 2017 and commercially launching the award-winning OMS Platform in late 2018, OMS has experienced rapid growth with deployments spanning the globe including the NHS, Oxford University, NYU, UCLA, Columbia, multiple health systems and the world’s #1 pediatric hospital. OMS was named in the Top 50 Tech Companies by Business Cloud and was a finalist in the Global VR Awards 2019 and 2020.
Oxford Medical Simulation is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Oxford Medical Simulation is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Full time, flexible working
- Based at home
- Opportunity to enjoy a varied role, utilizing your clinical and consultative expertise in novel ways
- Close senior support and significant opportunities for career progression throughout the company
- 38 days annual leave
- Parental leave