Director Simulation Center
Des Moines University is currently accepting applications for the Director of the Simulation Center who will ensure high quality simulation-based education through the creation of a realistic state-of-the art learning environment. The role will utilize best practices and evaluation data to identify opportunities for improvement, innovation, implementation and integration of patient simulation technology into existing clinical curricula. The Director will employ a proactive approach to engage stakeholders in collaborative partnerships, and will coach, develop, mentor and evaluate the Simulation Center personnel, while promoting a collaborative and team-based approach to simulation education. The Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Simulation Center and collaborates with faculty to design, plan, implement and schedule simulation activities. The Director assists with the development and ensures adherence to program policies, course objectives, program outcomes, data collection and reporting and current simulation best practice safety measures and contributes to local and national research projects.
Founded in 1898 in Iowa’s capital city, DMU is a graduate medicine and health sciences university comprising three colleges – College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer eight graduate degree programs. DMU combines the top advantages in medical education: expert faculty, a rigorous and relevant curriculum, a dynamic and diverse research environment and a supportive, inclusive community of students and faculty active in learning and service. In addition, the University will relocate to a new campus in West Des Moines, tentatively in 2023, that will serve as an innovative model for medical and health sciences education for the nation and beyond.
- Minimum Master’s degree in healthcare, education, healthcare discipline, medical technology or simulation field required. Doctoral or Clinical degree preferred.
- Two years’ supervisory experience in healthcare simulation (planning, developing, evaluating and customizing clinical, educational simulations as an educator or director required.
- Minimum of five years of experience using simulation.
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment required.
- Educational research experience desired.
- Clinical knowledge and experience working in a healthcare related field such as EMT, paramedic, other allied health profession or a clinical professional specialty.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) required.
For complete job description, benefit summary, or to apply visit www.dmu.edu/employment. Please submit resume/CV, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references at time of online submission. To ensure first consideration, please apply by August 25, 2020. Position will remain posted until filled.
Des Moines University is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information and other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications from candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.