Director of Simulation Hospital
Miami Dade College, one of the largest and most diverse institution of higher education in the nation is seeking Director of Simulation Hospital.
The Director provides leadership and vision to the Simulation Hospital. The position is responsible for leading multidisciplinary activities involving academic and student support. The Director partners with course leaders and program coordinators to develop innovative educational courses, simulation courses and simulation scenarios.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically plans and facilitates simulation, utilization, growth and departmental effectiveness related to student growth and success
- Provides leadership with technology innovation and application related to human patient simulation systems, medical systems and supporting technology
- Develops and implements a multidisciplinary clinical simulation curricula in order to meet accreditation standards for the School of Nursing and the School of Health Sciences
- Collaborates with faculty and staff in the development of lecture and clinical simulation immersion methods, integration of simulation resources, application of new instrumentation tools and their implementation in the Simulation hospital
- Leads an interdisciplinary team of facilitators, technicians, and faculty in creating and solving complex medical scenarios involving human patient simulators, complex medical equipment and systems in support of the educational needs of students
- Manages the allocated budget and supervises expenditures for equipment, supplies and materials
- Develops and implements technical training in simulation technology, medical equipment and software systems for faculty and staff
Master’s degree in a health care discipline such as Nursing or related field with five (5) years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree in health care discipline such as Nursing or related field and nine (9) years of relevant experience. Florida license as a Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant or related field.
All applications must be submitted online by visiting www.mdc.edu/jobs.