Director of Simulation Center Operations
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Director of Simulation Center Operations to:
- Focus on improving patient care through innovation, education, quality improvement, as well as research and development.
- Formulate objectives, goals, and strategies collaboratively with Medical Director, the Simulation Center Executive board, and other stakeholders.
- Promote relationships with manufacturers, product developers, community outreach programs, simulation centers, and other healthcare systems.
Minimum - Bachelor’s in a clinical, educational or scientific area of study
Preferred - MS/MBA/Ph.D in a clinical, educational or scientific area of study
Minimum – 5 years in business or administration in an academic, healthcare or government institution/agency.
Preferred - Experience working in a clinical simulation environment. Some experience in a medical school and preferably including work or close interaction with an academic health system or hospital.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Certification from the Society of Simulation for Healthcare, as a Certified Educator or Operations Specialist.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and build teams.
- Ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated innovative approach to problem resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of simulation and/or instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient- and family-centered care.
- Effective analytical ability in order to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to and solve complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrated effective managerial and administrative leadership of academic operations.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in negotiation as applied to service contracts and equipment purchasing.
- Effective organizational, planning and project management abilities.
- Experience in financial and programmatic presentations.
- Ability to effectively interact with Leadership of UW Health, UWSMPH, the university and community, as well as a diverse group of prospective donors
- Ability to establish innovation environment, promoting growth within the program, curricula, clientele, and staff.
- Progressive experiences encompassing research protocols, databases, and grant writing is preferred.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This full-time, 40 hours per week opportunity will work the following schedule: Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.