Director of Simulation and Skills Labs
at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Nursing
The College of Nursing is seeking an outstanding nursing candidate as Director of the Simulation Training Center and Skills Labs. The position is responsible for coordinating, developing, implementing, and evaluating simulation learning experiences for all nursing programs. This is an exciting opportunity to direct simulation activities in a well-established College of Nursing with approximately 700 undergraduate students and 250 graduate students. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in academic endeavors which include managing the simulation training center, undergraduate and graduate skill labs, and instruction to students that supports clinical skill acquisition. The successful candidate will encourage and cultivate an ethos of learning where mutual respect and responsibility for the student experience is highly regarded. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions.
• Leads the integration of simulation/instructional technologies in the College of Nursing
• Facilitates and monitors electronic and simulation needs; provides recommendations to CON administration for the purchasing of required items for program technology
• Uses evidence-based models to design, implement, evaluate, and standardize educational programs for faculty/staff development in the use of clinical simulation, debriefing, and assessment.
• Supervises Simulation Training Center staff and student workers including performance evaluations, scheduling, and payroll.
• Mentoring faculty, clinicians, and staff in the design of curriculum involving clinical simulation.
• Institutes continuous quality improvement strategies for simulation program improvement.
• Inspires the advancement in simulation technology.
• Collaborates with faculty to develop simulation scenarios that reflect current practices in nursing and healthcare.
• Strong commitment to high academic standards, and ability to provide leadership in maintaining and strengthening academic excellence
• Prepare the CON to meet INASCL standards and lead accreditation efforts related to simulation and skills labs.
• Maintain professional competence through such activities as nursing practice, continuing education programs, conferences, workshops, seminars, academic courses, research projects, and professional writing.
• Chair the Equipment and Simulation Committee including scheduling meetings and submitting minutes.
• Develop and maintain relationships with community partners and outside agencies to promote utilization of the Simulation Center.
• Teach at the baccalaureate and/or graduate level as needed.
• Attend College of Nursing faculty meetings
• Responsibilities will be 49% administrative and 51% teaching within the pre and post licensure programs including theory, clinical, and simulation.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Unencumbered Wisconsin State RN license
• At least 5 years clinical experience as a registered professional nurse
• Master’s Degree in Nursing
• Experience in nursing education including simulation
• A demonstrated record of professional and clinical nursing experience, simulation/skill lab experience, classroom instruction, clinical and /or academic research and publication, service to nursing, and scholarly development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Records
• Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred
• Ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing, and lifting up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Manual dexterity
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Job Link: https://careers.uwosh.edu/cw/en-us/job/498853/director-of-simulation-and-skills-labs