Director of Business & Product Development at Laerdal
Nurses are the foundation of any health system and have a key role to help save more lives by better patient care. Globally, there is a need for nearly 10 million more nurses by 2030. In addition to a need for many more nurses, there is also a great need and opportunity to help further strengthen the quality of the nursing education and help maintain competencies of practicing nurses.
With this backdrop, Nursing has been selected as one of Laerdal’s core user segments and critical for our opportunities to help save one million more lives by 2030. We already have a strong portfolio, amazing partnerships and a great installed base - but we believe there are big opportunities to make an even bigger impact in the years to come by responding to the changing market needs, leveraging new technologies and establishing new partnerships and alliances. Are you our new Director of Business & Product Development that will take the lead on this?
As the Director of Business & Product Development in our Patient Care business unit, you are the key business lead for our nursing team and portfolio. Responsibilities include management of the existing portfolio, as well as business development, strategy and roadmap going forwards. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- P&L accountability – complete P&L accountability for the Nursing portfolio
- Customer champion - market and business focus - interpreting needs and setting priorities
- Roadmap management - overall portfolio, project and roadmap management for the Nursing portfolio
- Project owner – owning the business case for projects within the Nursing portfolio
- Project delivery - ensure product development projects are delivering solutions in accordance with user needs
- Marketing mix - responsible for the marketing mix of the Nursing solutions
- Expected time spent on customer interaction: 30-50%
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record in business and partnership development
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, within a business related or health/life sciences discipline and 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong experience with product development and simulation-based learning
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Other languages would be a plus.
- Flexibility to travel globally up to 30% of the time.
If you are interested in our position and believe in our mission of Helping Save Lives, contact us at [email protected] to apply!
Laerdal Medical Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.