CIELO Operations Manager
UIW Mission: University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
Position Summary: The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM ) educates aspiring physicians to be justice-minded, global citizens using a community-based, distributed model of education, which fosters inclusion, discovery and innovation.
The UIWSOM invites applications for the Center for Experiential Interprofessional Learning and Observation (CIELO ) Operations Manager who coordinates all technical, inventory, and operational and logistical components of the osteopathic medical simulation program including pre/during/post simulation activities, supervises and directs the activities of the CIELO Skills Coordinators and Technicians, and supports the daily technical operations of the CIELO . The CIELO Operations Manager reports to the Director of CIELO .
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of simulation-related audio-video recording systems selected by UIWSOM .
- Collaborates with the Director of CIELO to create policy and procedures, checklists, and preventative maintenance plans for simulation equipment.
- Operates and maintains simulation equipment and procedural trainers with the ability to follow medical aspects of scenarios, and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems.
- Coordinates simulation training and provides feedback to the Director of CIELO , Unit Directors, and faculty.
- Serves as a primary resource for logistics of operating a simulation session for faculty, clinical skills coordinators and technicians.
- Ensures tours of the simulation lab are available and technological demonstrations of the equipment are given.
- Maintains records and supplies, equipment, and management of inventory tracking system of equipment and maintenance of the assets on CIELO .
- Ensures staff restocks supplies in the various simulation/lab suites located in CIELO .
- Supports staff and faculty during simulation sessions by preparing applications, prop placement, and moulage.
- Supervises and directs the work of the clinical skills coordinators and simulation technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of UIWSOM
- Ability to work independently and build collaborative relationships in an interdisciplinary team
- Possesses a high degree of comfort with computer technology; high level interpersonal skills to work with clinicians at all levels of medical care
- Documented experience with Simulation Management Systems (e.g. SimulationIQ – EMS or B-Line))
- Laerdal and CAE Equipment (low-fidelity to high fidelity manikins) to include LLEAP
- Blackboard, eMedley, or other Learning Management System experience
- IP networking, Video Technologies, Adobe, and Lecture Capture Technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Associate degree in healthcare technology, computer science, education or related field
Required Work Experience
- At least 3 years experience working in with healthcare simulation in higher education or hospital setting
- Documented experience with IP A/V systems and video conferencing
- Experience working with clinical software applications recommended
- Documented experience translating clinical needs into successful processes and supporting system designs
- Evidence of effective interpersonal, organizational, planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated flexibility in establishing new programs from the ground up or other endeavor requiring adaptability
- Fluency in Spanish
- Member of SSH or ASPiH or similar organization
- History of prior attendance at SimGHOSTS
- Certification or instructor in ATLS , ACLS , PALS , or EMT -B
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
- Basic Life Support or within 6 months of hire
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialist (CHSOS )
Significant participation in facilitating training workshops and interacting with small groups of individuals from diverse backgrounds on a routine basis. The physical demands of this job include:
- Frequent use of hands, vision (e.g. close and color vision and the ability to adjust focus) and hearing.
- Lifting objects not to exceed 25 lbs.; crouching, crawling, standing and sedentary work in an office and multiple learning environments.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a driving history acceptable to the University insurance carrier.
Posting Number: AS694PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 10/16/2018
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Director of CIELO
Open Date: 10/16/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1321069
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.