Simulation Certification Coordinator – Virigina’s Bon Secours
Coordinates activities related to certification based education. Oversees and coordinates the teaching-learning activities conducted by the faculty and students while in the Clinical Simulation and Learning Center (CSLC). Serves as the American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center Coordinator and provides oversight and monitoring of all AHA Instructors in the Virginia, Kentucky, Florida, and Baltimore markets. Provides support and guidance to all other Bon Secours markets. May serve as a primary instructor for certification courses which may include Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF BON SECOURS
We are a $3.5 billion not-for-profit Catholic healthcare ministry operating in six states with a team of over 24,000 strong. We are recognized as a Great Workplace by the Gallup Organization SIX years in a row (only a small elite group of companies can make this claim). Bon Secours is committed to offering services across the full continuum of care to include Hospitals, Physician Practices, Skilled Nursing Care, Assisted Living, Home Care and Hospice. Because we believe a healthy community is a good place to live for ALL residents, we are devoted to care for the poor, sick or dying. Can you deliver exceptional value for those we serve?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a healthcare related field is required.
- A minimum of 1 years of clinical experience in healthcare and teaching experience including experience in the development and use of clinical simulation scenarios for high fidelity simulation.
- Basic Life Support Instructor, Advance Life Support Instructor, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor, and Neonatal Resuscitation Program Instructor Certifications preferred.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Proficiency in the areas of communication, computer and instructional technology, interpersonal skills, and clinical practice are required.
- Proficient in MS office suite products and web-browsing software.
- Familiar with Instructional Systems Design (ISD) principles and adult learning theories.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a technology enhanced environment including word processing, charts and graphs software, web site, and educational technology skills.
- Valid driver’s license; must be 21 years old.
- Safe Driving record, no violations in the last 6 months prior to occupying the role and experience driving similar vehicles a must.
- Must pass the Bon Secours driving test, complete required education and any other requirements set by Bon Secours.