Business Development Manager at VirtaMed
VirtaMed AG, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland is a fast growing company with an interdisciplinary background in engineering and medicine, and winner of multiple national and international awards. With a focus on minimally invasive surgical training technology, our highly qualified team of developers and specialists in marketing, sales and production has created excellent global perspectives for the future. Just as pilots use flight simulators, surgeons worldwide value our training equipment to optimally learn and prepare themselves for performing surgeries on patients. Our products consist of virtual reality based simulators focusing on the fields of gynecology, urology and arthroscopy. VirtaMed partners with the medical device industry in developing custom simulators to assist in training, marketing and sales of their products and procedures. For more information about our products, company culture and market presence, please visit our website.
In order to grow our company, we have an opening for the position of “Business Development Manager” within the Sales Team based out of our Tampa, FL office. The position is open immediately.
Your work is to win and optimally serve a group of medical device companies with VirtaMed offers:
- Identify and prioritize medical device companies who could become key accounts:
- Understand market developments and requirements for medical device companies, including potential regulatory changes, concentrating on the largest international corporations that are leaders in minimally invasive surgical technology.
- Work closely with local management and headquarters to identify product development opportunities and implications (e.g. resources required) to prepare an optimal reach-out.
- Define a meaningful approach to win customers and ensure internal alignment in case of multi-national corporations.
- Win new clients and additional business from existing customers:
- Through solution-oriented, expert consulting, you demonstrate the technological advantages, value-add and impact of our products and solutions to your prospects.
- You will quickly identify the relevant decision-makers and influencers. You skillfully navigate the organization and orchestrate the relationships so as to convince all stakeholders of the envisioned partnership and solution.
- You will leverage our flat hierarchy, the short decision processes and the support you can receive from senior management and the product managers to reach your goals.
- Deliver products and services that matter to your customers: you will liaise with the product management team to ensure customization projects are developed and delivered in accordance with the customers’ needs and requirements. You ensure product introductions are successful and delivery of not only the finalized products but also training and implementation is done efficiently and correctly from all sides.
- Care for your customers. You will work closely with the various teams to ensure all aspects of the customer’s needs are met; from Service and Support, to Training and Education all the way through to invoicing. Your reliability and genuine care build long-lasting relationships.
Your profile enables you to do your work with skills and passion
Your experience includes:
- Several years of work in the medical device market as a supplier or partner; you are familiar with the corresponding company structures and decision-making processes. Ideally you have experience dealing with and navigating Fortune 500 companies.
- Conducting senior level discussions including the preparation of corresponding materials such as estimating and presenting the ROI for the customer.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a sales position and a business degree in a related field (marketing, communication etc.).
- A track record of maintaining and growing customer accounts, generating new business. Ideally you have an existing network of relations with medical device companies in the fields of minimally invasive surgery.
- Ideally you have relations to various medical societies and Key Opinion Leaders.
Your skills include:
- Communications: you have the ability to vividly describe the links between complex technical issues in a way that is tailored towards the target group. You are able to present solutions and address the questions of your audience across various hierarchy levels. You are an excellent listener who influences the dialogue towards advancing the alignment and closing the deal.
- You are both hands-on and structured to prepare the right meetings. You know when it is time to reach out, follow-up or simply call the assistant to get some time with your client. You are detail oriented and enjoy engaging your clients, also when under pressure.
- Your persistence and stamina help you maintain a portfolio of relations and win over the right contacts for long-term partnerships.
- You look forward to travelling for about 50% of your working hours
- You are an innovative and visionary person, passionate about learning new things
- You are a self-motivated: a self-starter with a sense of urgency
- You are fascinated by the opportunity to participate in the continued development of a successful start-up
We are looking forward to your application! Please send your resume and motivation letter electronically to Michèle Bölke ([email protected]) including your top 5 list on why you would like to work with us.