Where to Purchase Trauma Wounds & Moulage
Hi Simmers! How realistic are YOUR trauma-based simulations? Realistic as this image below?
A recent request came to me asking for more inforation about where to purchase Trauma wounds & moulage for simulation scenarios! So here’s a list of places I know about, but please feel free to email me and let me know about other resources that I can add to this list!
- MoulageConcepts.com has some great recipes, resources and techniques for manikin moulage.
- Techline Trauma has some really amazing unique wounds.
- Laerdal.com has a great line of products and wounds. (Some may be specific to Laerdal products though).
- Armstrong Medical has some Casualty Simulation Kits.
- Strategic Operations has an amazing “cut suit” for trauma based simulations.
- Smooth On has some great products for building advanced moulage makeup.
- Mallets.com has some great halloween-type trauma wounds as well.
- Lastly, look at halloween stores and google “trauma wounds makeup” for more resources!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.