Featured Job: Simulation Lab Coordinator for Mott Community College of Flint Michigan
Position Title: Simulation Lab Complex Coordinator
Company Name: Mott Community College
Location: Flint, Michigan, United States, 48503
Directly responsible for the organization, security and coordination of: scheduled simulation training events, inventory, purchasing, maintenance, repair and scheduled replacement of supplies and equipment for the Health Sciences audiovisual, skills, computer and simulation laboratories including related programs. Guide students in clinical skills training practice and remediation. Offer training to faculty and students, as needed, on all audiovisual, computer and skills equipment including computer hardware or software. Assist students in the use of learning materials and equipment, and perform a variety of other duties to assure smooth operation of the Health Sciences; Audiovisual, Skills, and Simulation labs/areas and Computer labs, including planned time for student skill practice.
Supervisory Responsibility: Directs work study students and Technical Interns assisting in the various Health Science laboratories.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in Michigan or eligible to obtain licensure before application date.
- At least five years of recent clinical experience in medical-surgical nursing.
- At least three years of supervisory experience as a nursing team leader, charge nurse or shift supervisor in an acute care or skilled, long-term care setting. May be concurrent with #2.
- Possess knowledge of and past experience in utilizing medical equipment, supplies, nursing skills procedures.
- Demonstrated literacy with computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and internet use. Also knowledge of use of all types of audiovisual equipment, personal computers, and ability to make minor repairs on all types of audiovisual, hospital or computer supplies and equipment.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.