Simulation in Healthcare Journal — June 2016 Article List
Simulation in Healthcare June 2016 – Volume 11 – Issue 3:
- When the Mannequin Dies, Creation and Exploration of a Theoretical Framework Using a Mixed Methods Approach Tripathy, Shreepada; Miller, Karen H.; Berkenbosch, John W.; McKinley, Tara F.; Boland, Kimberly A.; Brown, Seth A.; Calhoun, Aaron W.
- “Debriefing-on-Demand”: A Pilot Assessment of Using a “Pause Button” in Medical Simulation McMullen, Michael; Wilson, Rosemary; Fleming, Melinda; Mark, David; Sydor, Devin; Wang, Louie; Zamora, Jorge; Phelan, Rachel; Burjorjee, Jessica E.
- Standardized Patient Encounters: Periodic Versus Postencounter Evaluation of Nontechnical Clinical Performance Turner, T. Robert; Scerbo, Mark W.; Gliva-McConvey, Gayle A.; Wallace, Amelia M.
- Simulation-Based Mastery Learning Improves Medical Student Performance and Retention of Core Clinical Skills Reed, Trent; Pirotte, Matthew; McHugh, Mary; Oh, Laura; Lovett, Shannon; Hoyt, Amy E.; Quinones, Donna; Adams, William; Gruener, Gregory; McGaghie, William C.
- Using Virtual Patients to Teach Empathy: A Randomized Controlled Study to Enhance Medical Students’ Empathic Communication Foster, Adriana; Chaudhary, Neelam; Kim, Thomas; Waller, Jennifer L.; Wong, Joyce; Borish, Michael; Cordar, Andrew; Lok, Benjamin; Buckley, Peter F.
- Learning Neonatal Intubation Using the Videolaryngoscope: A Randomized Trial on Mannequins Assaad, Michael-Andrew; Lachance, Christian; Moussa, Ahmed
- Simulation-Based Assessment of ECMO Clinical Specialists Fehr, James J.; Shepard, Mark; McBride, Mary E.; Mehegan, Mary; Reddy, Kavya; Murray, David J.; Boulet, John R.
- Applying Judgment Analysis Theory and Methods to Obtain an Insight Into Clinical Judgments: Implementation and Findings With a Simulated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Setup Nadler, Izhak; Globus, Omer; Pessach-Gelblum, Liat; Strauss, Zipora; Sela, Rina; Ziv, Amitai
- More Than One Way to Debrief: A Critical Review of Healthcare Simulation Debriefing Methods Sawyer, Taylor; Eppich, Walter; Brett-Fleegler, Marisa; Grant, Vincent; Cheng, Adam
- Creating a Simulated Pharmacy Soto, Cory; Stiner, Jamie; Noji, Daniel O.; Rusheen, Jeffrey M.; Huang, Yue Ming
- Response to “Unlike History, Should a Simulator Not Repeat Itself?” Smith, Roger
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.