Uchida Yoko Global Limited PF-Note Provides Healthcare Simulation Recording Platform – IMSH 2016 Video Interview
At IMSH 2016 HealthySimulation.com was able to secure a video interview with the team from Japanese based company Uchida Yoko to learn more about their PF-Note audiovisual recording and debriefing system. Interesting here is the built in capability of directly connected student clickers. Watch the exclusive short video interview below to learn more:
From the Uchida Yoko PF-Note Brochure:
Entire even can be conveniently recorded in high definition with ease.
- Audiovisual data such as computer screen, blackboard, or presentation equipment saved as a video file in real time.
- Recording started by simply pressing a button. Screen layout can be also be easily switched.
- Contents don’t require editing after recording so they can be used right then and there.
Student reaction can be recorded at any time using a wireless clicker.
- Reactions that offer clues as to whether or not contents of classes are understood well or not can be recorded in real time.
- Student reaction can be obtained during or after class in the form of a questionnaire.
- Roll call can be accomplished by clicker using the roll call support function.
Separate review of important part of the class
- Because you can record student reaction together with the class, you can see what students don’t understand or what they are interested in while viewing the class scene.
- Instructors can confirm what what was effective and what needs to be improved from the student reactions.
- The data generated when the instructor or TA presses the clicker can be recorded as a thumbnail. If the instructor records important point during the class, the students can use them for subsequent review.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.