Southern California Simulation Collaborative Meeting May 6th in LA
Received word from “me mum” Dr. Kim Baily that she is helping to chair a workshop for the Southern California Simulation Collaborative at Cal State University LA with guest speaker Dr. Lorie Judson. Lorie will be speaking on tele-robotics in simulations, and the event’s lunch is sponsored by Laerdal. Here is the email:
Please see the details below for the next SCSC meeting at CSU Los Angeles May 6, 2016. Jane Hook from CSU will show case their Telepresence Robotic and Laerdal Medical is sharing information about their newer products (miniSUN conference) complete with 2 CEUs and lunch. Please see a more detailed agenda below and attached. Parking information is also noted below.
Nurses can receive CEUs by entering your RN license number in the comment section of your registration.
Hosted by CSULA School of Nursing Simulation Laboratory
- 10am-1015 am: Chair Dr. Kim Baily
- 1015am-11 am: Welcome: Dr. Lorie Judson, Director School of Nursing
- Tour Residential Apartment Simulation and Nursing Simulation Laboratory
- Presentation: Using Telepresence robot in Simulation Jane Hook M.N., R.N.
- Demonstration: by Double Robotics
- 11am-12pm: Technology Showcase and Laerdal MiniSUN
- 12pm-1pm: Lunch Sponsored by Laerdal
- 1 pm-2pm: Technology Showcase and Laerdal MiniSUN (2 CEUs)
- SimMan ALS presented by Darin Bowers
- Premature Anne presented by Veronica Rogan
- SimView Mobile presented by David Omut
- 2pm SESN: Implementing Best Practices Spencer Harris 2:00 pm
Please have people park in Lot C on the south side of the campus and come to the Gerontology Center. There is a kiosk to purchase a parking pass.” Wish I could attend! Join my mom and these Simulation Champions this May 6th in LA for a great learning experience!
In order to let Laerdal know how many lunches to prepare please register here.
And please let them know you heard about it through HealthySimulation!
Dr. Kim Baily, MSN, PhD, RN, CNE has had a passion for healthcare simulation since she pulled her first sim man out of the closet and into the light in 2002. She has been a full-time educator and director of nursing and was responsible for building and implementing two nursing simulation programs at El Camino College and Pasadena City College in Southern California. Dr. Baily is a member of both INACSL and SSH. She serves as a consultant for emerging clinical simulation programs and has previously chaired Southern California Simulation Collaborative, which supports healthcare professionals working in healthcare simulation in both hospitals and academic institutions throughout Southern California. Dr. Baily has taught a variety of nursing and medical simulation-related courses in a variety of forums, such as on-site simulation in healthcare debriefing workshops and online courses. Since retiring from full time teaching, she has written over 100 healthcare simulation educational articles for HealthySimulation.com while traveling around the country via her RV out of California.