Southern California Simulation Collaborative Meeting May 6th in LA
Received word from “me mum” Dr. Kim Baily that she is helping to chair a workshop for the Southern California Simulation Collaborative at Cal State University LA with guest speaker Dr. Lorie Judson. Lorie will be speaking on tele-robotics in simulations, and the event’s lunch is sponsored by Laerdal. Here is the email:
Please see the details below for the next SCSC meeting at CSU Los Angeles May 6, 2016. Jane Hook from CSU will show case their Telepresence Robotic and Laerdal Medical is sharing information about their newer products (miniSUN conference) complete with 2 CEUs and lunch. Please see a more detailed agenda below and attached. Parking information is also noted below.
Nurses can receive CEUs by entering your RN license number in the comment section of your registration.
Hosted by CSULA School of Nursing Simulation Laboratory
- 10am-1015 am: Chair Dr. Kim Baily
- 1015am-11 am: Welcome: Dr. Lorie Judson, Director School of Nursing
- Tour Residential Apartment Simulation and Nursing Simulation Laboratory
- Presentation: Using Telepresence robot in Simulation Jane Hook M.N., R.N.
- Demonstration: by Double Robotics
- 11am-12pm: Technology Showcase and Laerdal MiniSUN
- 12pm-1pm: Lunch Sponsored by Laerdal
- 1 pm-2pm: Technology Showcase and Laerdal MiniSUN (2 CEUs)
- SimMan ALS presented by Darin Bowers
- Premature Anne presented by Veronica Rogan
- SimView Mobile presented by David Omut
- 2pm SESN: Implementing Best Practices Spencer Harris 2:00 pm
Please have people park in Lot C on the south side of the campus and come to the Gerontology Center. There is a kiosk to purchase a parking pass.” Wish I could attend! Join my mom and these Simulation Champions this May 6th in LA for a great learning experience!
In order to let Laerdal know how many lunches to prepare please register here.
And please let them know you heard about it through HealthySimulation!
Dr. Kim Baily PhD, MSN, RN, CNE, is the previous Simulation Coordinator for Los Angeles Harbor College and Director of Nursing for El Camino College. Over the past 16 years Kim has developed and implemented several college nursing simulation programs and previously chaired the Southern California Simulation Collaborative.