Featured Job Listing: Simulation Specialist at FIU Wertheim College of Medicine
Today a featured job listing from Florida International University, which you can apply for with the link at the bottom of this article! Check out all the latest positions on our medical simulation jobs page.
Job Title: Simulations Specialist
Institution Name: FIU – Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Location: Miami, Florida, United States, 33199
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Simulations Specialist to join our team of professionals. Duties Include:
- Oversees the day to day operation in the simulation center.
- Sets up the simulation room or simulation center in preparation for simulation scenarios; including equipment, simulators, IT and video/audio; Performs all necessary tests to verify system is working appropriately.
- Assists with the operations of the simulators during training sessions.
- Demonstrates and teaches technical aspects of operating simulators to faculty members and supporting staff.
- Provides orientation of faculty, medical students and residents to principles of simulation training and debriefing techniques.
- Supports the development of simulation curriculum with technical knowledge of the simulation center capabilities and procedures to ensure that curriculums are accurate and appropriate.
- Supports the development of instructor training methods.
- Assists in the development of course curriculum and assessment tools with appropriate faculty and staff.
- Maintains all simulation equipment inventory.
- Develops inventory control procedures to monitor supply levels, allocate costs accurately and ensure supplies are on hand when needed.
- Coordinates facility improvement and new equipment deployment.
- Monitors equipment safety and performance testing.
- Develops relationships with medical equipment vendors to gain their support to supply goods and services in support of medical training.
- Develops technical proficiency with all aspects of operation, maintenance, support and trouble shooting.
- Works with manufacturers or vendors to correct equipment deficiencies in order to minimize down time.
- Works with COM IT on escalated technical problems.
- Coordinates the scheduling of simulation training programs among users by working with course directors and coordinators to establish priorities and maximize operational time.
- Learn and master the simulation software (EMS – Educational Management Solutions) that centralizes simulation center scheduling, inventory, assessment tools and collection of assessment data.
- Assists with data entry involving the conversion of current assessment tools into the EMS system to develop a paperless assessment system.
- Works with the director of simulation and director of educational assessment to report OSCE data collected within the EMS system.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of appropriate experience, or Master’s degree and four (4) years of experience.
- Previous Healthcare, Professional Nurse, Paramedic, Physician Assistant experience is preferred.
- Experience with A/V and multimedia equipment.
- Experience with the use of Simulators in medical education.
- Ability to learn and master EMS software.
How to Apply
For more information or to apply, please click the link below for job opening ID 511208. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references. FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.