Top 11 Healthcare Simulation Articles of 2015
Last month we posted our comprehensive list of the Top 51 Medical Simulation Articles of 2015, and today we are highlighting the Top 11 most read, most shared articles from HealthySimulation.com in 2015! This is the “must read” content that simulation champions around the world found the most useful for 2015!
10. ‘Simulation Discomfiters’: The Anti-Champions Who Frustrate Our Programs – Discomfit was a word I had never heard before. It means “1. to make uneasy, confused, or embarrassed 2. to frustrate the plans or purpose of”. A discomfiter, therefore, is a person who makes things difficult, confusing, and embarrassing while frustrating the plans and purposes of a team. Learn who these folks are and how to get around them.
9. Simulation Technology Specialist Training SimGHOSTS 2015 Event Recaps:
- SimGHOSTS Australia 2015 Launches at Clinical Skills Development Service
- Europe’s First Sim Tech Training Event “SimGHOSTS-ASPiH UK” Opens in Leeds
- SimGHOSTS USA Opens with Level 3 Healthcare Keynote Address
- Inaugural SimGHOSTS Middle East Opens in Dubai
- SimGHOSTS Website Subscription 50% Discount Extended for IMSH 2016
8. IMSH 2015 Exhibit Hall Video Interviews Recap – In case you missed any of our video interviews from the International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) 2015 New Orleans, here’s the complete list of all of them.
7. Free Vital Sign Simulator App Continues to Be Improved– Recently Jason Bowman at the ‘The Resuscitationist’ blog used the updated Vital Sign Simulator software to provide a long-distance SimWars competition.
6. When Simulation Goes Too Far, The Dangers Become Real. Here we cover military, fire service, hospital, and police simulations that have gone wrong — and what the dangers are for your program. Consider our crucial tips to prevent similar errors in your simulation lab.
5. Medical Simulation Job Listings Pages – Looking for work? Need to fill a simulation job? Visit these pages for all the latest simulation job listings!
4. Simulation Use in Paramedic Education Research (SUPER): A Descriptive Study – The purpose of this research was to characterize the use of simulation in initial paramedic education programs in order assist stakeholders’ efforts to target educational initiatives and resources.
3. SimGHOSTS Launches New Online Certificate Training Courses – After two years of research and development, SimGHOSTS has started enrolling the first students in our new online courses! Taught by experienced simulation champions, these courses in IT and Healthcare related topics will increase your knowledge and skillsets required for your every day job. Future courses in audiovisual, education, simulation, and other domains are to be announced shortly.
2. Exclusive Video: How to Build an EMS Simulation Program – Sponsored by CAE Healthcare. Watch this exclusive HealthySim video shot at the Victor Valley Community College to learn how to build or expand your medical simulation program in austere non-classroom environments.
1. “Top 50” most read and shared medical simulation articles from 2014 – If you are looking for even more top medical simulation content this is where to head next!
Read the full Top 51 Medical Simulation Articles of 2015!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.