NYSIM Center Offers Simulation and Education Fellowship
Recently saw this posting from NYSim Center, a partnership between The City University of New York and NYU Langone Medical Center, who are offering a Simulation and Education fellowship that is a 1-year paid program.
- Design and implement simulation curricula utilizing a variety of tools and techniques including Immersive Simulation and Debriefing, Standardized Patients, Partial Task Trainers
- Design and implement faculty development programs including simulation instructor courses, faculty observation and feedback, curriculum integration consulting
- Operate simulators and related audiovisual equipment independently
- Understand and apply relevant Education theories to all aspects of work in Simulation
- Curriculum design for UME, GME and IPE
- Faculty Development experience
- Research Training
Structure and Benefits
- One year, non-ACGME accredited
- Start Date: July 1
- Full time salary support with health benefits
- Clinical appointment encouraged
- Pre-requisites: MD or DO degree, Completion of a Residency or Clinical Fellowship (any specialty), highly motivated to pursue career in Healthcare Education
Application and Interview Information
- Applicants should submit Curriculum Vitae, Personal Statement (1 to 2 Pages), and 3 Letters of Recommendation (1 from Program Director
- INTERVIEWS will be held at IMSH or in New York City
Learn more and submit your application today at the NYSimCenter.org website!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.