Defining Excellence in Simulation: New Medical Simulation Book From SSH
Recently published “Defining Excellence in Simulation Programs” is an official publication of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH), created to support the Society’s mission to encourage excellence in healthcare education, practice and research through the use of simulation. With nearly 140 expert clinicians and educators contributing, this authoritative guide offers clear-cut definitions, recommendations and best practices for all types of simulation training programs. This is a must-read for healthcare managers, educators and researchers looking to create or manage successful, cost-effective, researched-based simulation programs.
Buy Excellence in Simulation Now on Amazon.com!
A wide range of topics — essential to the development and management of successful and cost-effective simulation programs – include: Simulation Standards – best practices and program development; Types of Simulation Programs – infrastructure, framework; Simulators – types, selection and usage; Funding – fundraising, income sources; Management – asset management, policies and procedures; Environmental Design – building a simulation center; technical infrastructure; and Educational Development; Faculty Development; Research, and more, including:
- Well-referenced, reader-friendly content is continually available, practical and timely
- Standards and recommendations based on actual programs around the world that have proven to be sustainable, cost-effective and successful
- Editors and many authors central to SSH’s role in learning and defining best practices for simulation and simulation program management
- Interprofessional group of editors and authors offering diverse perspectives, from areas of nursing, medicine, allied health, numerous specialties, and non-clinical fields including organizational behavior, psychology, statistics, business, and engineering
- Terms of Reference – Defines and standardizes simulation terms and concepts for users, learners and developers
- Experts Corner – Commentary on particular areas of training, research and program development by simulation experts and founders
- Consider This – Text boxes provide practical how-to sections on important related topics
Janice C. Palaganas PhD RN NP CEN (Editor)
Juli C. Maxworthy DNP MSN MBA RN CNL C (Editor)
Chad A. Epps MD (Editor)
Mary Elizabeth (Beth) Mancini RN PhD NE-BC FAHA ANE (Editor)
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.