17th Annual NPSF Patient Safety Congress Early Bird Ends March 17th!
Early Bird Registration Ends March 17
17th Annual NPSF Patient Safety Congress
April 29-May 1, 2015 | Austin, TX
Save $200 if you register by March 17, 2015*
Join NPSF and their expert faculty at the only meeting with global reach and a singular focus on patient safety.
- Lucian L. Leape, MD, one of the founders of the National Patient Safety Foundation; chair of the NPSF Lucian Leape Institute
- Gerald B. Hickson, MD, Senior Vice President for Quality, Safety and Risk Prevention, Joseph C. Ross Chair in Medical Education and Administration, and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Gary S. Kaplan, MD, FACMPE, Chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Kaveh Shojania, MD, Director of the Centre for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, University of Toronto, and editor-in-chief of BMJ Quality & Safety
- Allan Frankel, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Safe and Reliable Healthcare,and an author of The Essential Guide for Patient Safety Officers
- Kim Blanton, Patient and Family Advisor, Vidant Health
- Chrissie Blackburn, Principal Advisor, Patient and Family Engagement at University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Beth Daley Ullem, MBA, Patient Advocate and Governance Expert, Board of Directors, ThedaCare Hospital System and Solutions for Patient Safety
PRE-CONGRESS DAY, April 29
Full-day intensive sessions:
• Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) Review Course
• Leadership Day: Safer Health Care Through Transparency
• Keeping Kidz Safe During Kare: Advancements and Lessons from Pediatrics *NEW THIS YEAR*
• Sharing and Caring: Practical Initiatives for Advancing Patient and Family Engagement
• Patient Safety Science: Successful Practices to Optimize Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
EDUCATIONAL BREAKOUT SESSIONS in six theme tracks:
• Optimizing the Benefits and Minimizing Harms of Health Technology
• Creating and Sustaining Joy, Meaning, and Safety in the Workplace
• Patient Safety in the Ambulatory Setting
• Accelerating the Cost Case for $afety
• Partnering with Patients and Families for the Safest Care
• Advancing Safety Science Implementation
We’ll also have posters, live health care simulations, networking, award presentations, and more.
What past attendees say:
“From a participant’s perspective, this year’s NPSF Congress was one of the strongest patient safety meetings I have attended in years.”
“It was an excellent event and really highlights the shift and progress made in the wider patient safety discussion, especially over the past few years.”
“Thank you, NPSF — you crafted a thought-inspiring, provocative, robust Congress — we leave with ideas, plans, and a sense of purpose!!!”
*Members of the American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety atNPSF or the NPSF Stand Up for Patient Safety program save even more with member discounts. Log in to npsf.org and check the member pages for the discount codes.
Register online or learn more: http://bit.ly/NPSF_17
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.