OtoSim2 Otolaryngology Simulator Launched at IMSH 2015 | Video Interview
Continuing our IMSH 2015 Exhibit Hall Video Interviews, today we showcase the new OtoSim2 from Otosim! OtoSim 2 evolved out of the first Otosim product, which now has an instrumented otoscope so we can tell exactly where the student is looking, we can ask the student to find features, and provide verbal feedback through the computer. OtoSim 2 also doubles the number of images, adds case studies, allows you the potential to upload your own images, and allows for mass training for any number of students.
More from OtoSim’s Website:
OtoSim Inc. continues to innovate with a new simulation and training technology for otolaryngology. Interest and feedback gathered over the past 3 years from various healthcare practitioners has proven to be the catalyst for a novel breakthrough in otoscopy simulation: OtoSim 2.
OtoSim 2 is the upgraded version of OtoSim with new software and hardware, and increased capabilities:
- Verify student progress via the instrumented otoscope. Trainees can point with this device to complete the learning feedback loop.
- Expand student knowledge through reviewing 380 high resolution images from the Hawke Library to instruct, practice, and test students
- Save instructor time by connecting up to 14 OtoSim units to a single trainer laptop to effectively instruct groups at the same time
- Supplement classroom instruction with 150 pre-annotated images for self-directed learning
- Improve viewer retention through immersive full-screen experience with a simple, easy-to-use graphical user interface
- Further increase student capability through advanced quizzes with randomized, realistic clinical scenarios that test both medical and patient interaction skills
- Build student confidence through the use of the instrumented otoscope, allowing students to practice and improve their otoscopic
This is the only product I am aware of in this high-fidelity category of Otolaryngology simulation! OtoSim 2’s improvements make me think it will stay that way for some time to come.
Learn all about it on the OtoSim Website!