How to Design Medical Simulation Curriculum — From Mentice
- It will save you time and effort
- It can be used for the design or redesign of courses, workshops and seminars
- It can help you meet the demands of accreditation bodies
- It will help ensure that you ask all the important questions, and consider and explore all options, before decisions are made
- It will help you improve your curriculum
- Curriculum design and evaluation, when performed using this approach, is an opportunity for scholarship.
Lessons here include how to:
- Tell the learner exactly what to expect including the methods of student support
- Advise the teacher on the content to deliver and how to support learners in their personal and professional development
- Enable the institution or organization to set appropriate assessments of student learning and implement relevant evaluations of the educational process
- Inform society on how the institution or organization is delivering on its social responsibilities.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.