Moulage Workshop for Simulated Mass Casualty Experiences Jan. 29-30 in Oceanside, CA
Bobbie Merica, Owner Moulage Concepts Bridging the Gap in Simulation, wrote in to share a $75 Discount for her upcoming 2-day Moulage workshop focusing on mass casualty experiences taking place Jan. 28th & 30th in Oceanside, CA. I have taken Bobbie’s workshop before at SimGHOSTS and can attest that this is a great course!
Use discount code HEALTHYSIM to get $75 off!
The following interactive workshop is designed to enhance realism in medical moulage and emergency simulation exercises. Utilizing best practice techniques, this interactive 16 hour course will be presented in a multifarious approach including:
- scenario staging and building
- accessory moulage options
- moulage care, reuse and storage recommendations
- time and money saving alternatives
Participants will learn the following Moulage Techniques:
- Learn to use professional makeup, gels, silifix, waxes & SIMSafe products to create beginner, intermediate and advanced medical-trauma conditions and odors.
- Learn to create life-like three dimensional wounds that can be triaged, sutured, debrided, drained and even ruptured if handled aggressively to ensure a realistic training experience in the field.
- Learn to use moulage techniques to enhance symptom assessment, injury recognition, stress inoculation and supportive decision making.
Who Should Attend:
- MCI Training Coordinators
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness Facilitators
- Police/Fire/Public Officials
- Simulation Coordinators/Techs.
- First Responders/EMS
- Anyone who works with volunteers/simulation trainers or mass casualty incidents
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.