ASPiH Announces Affiliation and 2015 Training Event with SimGHOSTS
This morning incoming ASPiH President Helen Higham made her first official decree by announcing an affiliation agreement had been established with the world’s leading simulation technology specialist training organization SimGHOSTS.
The overall aims of the ASPiH / SimGHOSTS affiliation include:
- Sharing & developing new knowledge, skills and resources to benefit the respective membership communities of each organisation
- Providing opportunities for collaboration at individual, institutional and organisation-wide levels
- Enhancing the dissemination of innovations and solutions to community identified problems amongst members and the wider simulation community
- Establishing pathways for professional development and recognition of the Simulation Technology Specialist in healthcare including training programs and research
- Promoting each respective organisation and their endeavours amongst relevant networks and wider communities through a variety of routes including traditional and online marketing methods
- Exploring the collaborative development and administration of a UK specific event focused towards those operating healthcare simulation technology
SimGHOSTS President James Cypert was excited to announce a joint training event put on by both organizations to take place in the UK sometime in July of 2015. Sim Technology Specialists from all over the UK, Europe and beyond will have an opportunity to participate in the SimGHOSTS training events that have been so successful in the United States and Australia.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.