Great Resources for Medical Simulation Technicians
There are several great resources available online for Simulation Technicians (or those responsible for operating and maintaining a simulation lab). Be sure to check them all out:
- iSimTech.org – A new forums board dedicated to Simulation Technicians.
- BehindtheSimCurtain.com – A Wiki dedicated to sharing tips and tricks about Simulation Technology.
- HealthySimulation.com – A resource website for healthcare simulation industry news, including tips, tutorials and product reviews.
- Games & Simulation for Healthcare – WISC portal and network to meet the needs of clinicians, researchers and educators in the healthcare community who want to integrate games and simulation into their scholarship and patient care strategy.
- Clinical Playground Blog – A nexus of academic and industry collaboration focusing on the use of simulation and game-based learning for health sciences, public safety, and science education.
- UNE Sim Log – Great Sim Tech blog from the University of New England’s Simulation Labs.
Have another great resource? Email Lance to share it with the community!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.