SimGHOSTS Holds 4th Annual Hands-On Training Event to 220 Participants
Currently on day 2 of SimGHOSTS 2014 USA, more than 220 participants from around the world came together at the American College of CHEST Physicians in Glenview, Illinois for hands-on training workshops, community networking, vendor exhibit hall and professional development courses. A four day event, the 4th annual Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists was the second meeting the non-profit 501(c)3 organization put this year following its first-ever Australia event which took place a month ago at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Level 3 Healthcare sponsored the opening keynote address by SimGHOSTS President James Cypert opened the event by explaining the need for technology-related research, training program development and chapertization of the organization.
- Executive Director Lance Baily recapped on the continued expansion of the organization with both Australian Simulation Leaders and UK Simulation Leaders
- Event Director Ryan Eling accepted the Board’s offering of SimGHOSTS first full-time position
- Laerdal Sponsored UK’s ASPiH Simulation Technician Group Leaders Jane Nicklin and Stuart Riby to attend the event and share the development of a Apprenticeship program for Sim Techs, and connected a livestream Google Glass walkthrough of their simulation lab with Chris Gay back at HILS in the UK.
- B-Line Medical awarded $1000 in prizes to “How To” video contestant winners Arielle Glenn and duo Sylvie Guimont + Genevieve Cote.
- MoulageConcepts.com provided intro and intermediate workshops on moulage design and application
- More than 50 sessions are currently being provided to 185 Sim Techs from around the world.
- Pocket Nurse recognized their two full-scholarship winners who would have otherwise been unable to attend the event.
- Fifteen vendors including CAE Healthcare, Worldpoint, Gaumard and many more.