SimGHOSTS Holds 4th Annual Hands-On Training Event to 220 Participants
Currently on day 2 of SimGHOSTS 2014 USA, more than 220 participants from around the world came together at the American College of CHEST Physicians in Glenview, Illinois for hands-on training workshops, community networking, vendor exhibit hall and professional development courses. A four day event, the 4th annual Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists was the second meeting the non-profit 501(c)3 organization put this year following its first-ever Australia event which took place a month ago at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Level 3 Healthcare sponsored the opening keynote address by SimGHOSTS President James Cypert opened the event by explaining the need for technology-related research, training program development and chapertization of the organization.
- Executive Director Lance Baily recapped on the continued expansion of the organization with both Australian Simulation Leaders and UK Simulation Leaders
- Event Director Ryan Eling accepted the Board’s offering of SimGHOSTS first full-time position
- Laerdal Sponsored UK’s ASPiH Simulation Technician Group Leaders Jane Nicklin and Stuart Riby to attend the event and share the development of a Apprenticeship program for Sim Techs, and connected a livestream Google Glass walkthrough of their simulation lab with Chris Gay back at HILS in the UK.
- B-Line Medical awarded $1000 in prizes to “How To” video contestant winners Arielle Glenn and duo Sylvie Guimont + Genevieve Cote.
- MoulageConcepts.com provided intro and intermediate workshops on moulage design and application
- More than 50 sessions are currently being provided to 185 Sim Techs from around the world.
- Pocket Nurse recognized their two full-scholarship winners who would have otherwise been unable to attend the event.
- Fifteen vendors including CAE Healthcare, Worldpoint, Gaumard and many more.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.