Simulation Programs Continue to Gain Regional News Attention
From time to time we like to share the latest updates regarding new simulation centers and local news coverage of expanding healthcare simulation programs. Here’s a look at a handful of the latest stories that cover medical simulation programs popping up around the world:
- Saskatoon Institute for Medical Simulation Opens in Canada
- Elmhurst College in Illinois, School of Nursing works alongside Local Fire Department in Simulation
- Hong Kong’s United Christian Hospital Brings Simulation to Kwun Tong
- University of Miami Medical Students Better Learn Through Simulation
- University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley Stresses Importance of Simulation
- Fresno’s Mercy Medical Center Names Simulators to Become More Personable
- D.C. based MedStar SITEL Puts Patients First By Learning on Simulators
- Salt Lake City SAGES meeting Highlighted by General Surgery News
Have some news you’d like to share with the international medical simulation community? Email us!
If you are looking to bring in local media to your simulation program, check out my article on “Start the Presses – How to Bring News Agencies to Your Sim Program“.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.