Australia Sim Tech Training Event 'SimGHOSTS' Opens Registration
Yesterday, online registration opened for SimGHOSTS 2014 Australia, aka The Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists – which is taking place June 25th-27th at the University of The Sunshine Coast, just north of Brisbane in Queensland Australia. Now operating in its fourth year, SimGHOSTS.org has launched its first overseas event to better support Sim Techs in Australia and Asia. Over 30 courses have been selected from community members and vendor technical staff including topics such as manikin programming, hardware repair, A/V System debugging, medical pharmacology, IT infrastructure building, community development and more. SimGHOSTS will be continuing its annual USA meeting, which is taking place at the American College of Chest Physicians August 5th-8th.
SG14-AUS Event Highlights Include:
- Opening Keynote Address by iSimulate on “Mobile Simulation Technology”
- Beginner and Advanced IT integration and installations
- In-Situ Camera Placement and Video Production Shooting and Editing courses
- Full day Trauma Moulage pre-con and two-hour training sessions with Australian Company TraumaSim
- Medical courses from Doctors and Nurses for sim techs with technical-backgrounds
- Teaching acting students for scenario roles to increase simulation fidelity
- Operational management courses including “How to Increase Technical staff”, “How to run a Sim Center off-hours”, and “Expanding Your Sim Program”
- DIY Projects and Innovation Awards with B-Line Medical
- Lab design and equipment sourcing / procurement techniques.
- Hands-on manikin hardware training with Laerdal products for every attendee!
- And many more!
Important to note is that there are only a LIMITED amount of “early-bird” registration passes for $397 USD. Once these passes are sold then the registration will jump to $525 USD — so be sure to buy your conference pass today!
Want to learn what SimGHOSTS is all about? Check out the SimGHOSTS 2013 Meeting Recap page to see what went down — and watch the 2013 testimonials video below to see why the World’s first meeting for Sim Techs is the BEST place to connect with the growing international professional community! Of course, you can visit SimGHOSTS.org to see the latest!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.