Learn More About NYIT MS in Medical / Health Care Simulation at IMSH
*Update, NYIT will be back at IMSH 2015 at Booth #334
Have you considered a masters degree in Medical Simulation? NYIT is ahead of the curve with the world’s first MS in Medical / Health Care Simulation. If you are attending IMSH, Anthony Errichetti, Ph.D., Director of the Medical Simulation MS Program will be on hand at IMSH Booth #538 starting Sunday! Stop by their booth #538 to talk with Tony about the program!
M.S. in Medical / Health Care Simulation
The College of Osteopathic Medicine offers a 36-credit Master of Science in Medical / Health Care Simulation program. This state-approved graduate program has been preparing professionals for careers in the growing field of human patient simulation education since 2012. Patient simulation educators use Standardized Patients, mannequin-based simulations, and computer-based simulations to ensure patient safety in clinical settings, teach and assess professional skills at medical and nursing schools, hospitals, and medical licensing boards, and manage patient simulation programs.
- Manage and direct patient simulation centers and patient safety programs
- Develop simulation education courses and curricula
- Develop programs designed to assure quality in clinical settings
- Conduct and collaborate in innovative educational research.
- Hybrid didactic courses using the latest educational technology
- Self-directed learning projects
- Hands-on course workshops to prepare learners to work with Standardized Patients and Mannequin-based simulators
- Faculty advisors who are national experts in the human patient simulation field.
Not attending IMSH? Learn more about the curriculum and the program here!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.