Videos Series: Simulab Provides Realistic Cost-Effective Surgical Training Through TraumaMan & CentraLineMan
In the past few months, Simulab has sponsored my travel to numerous locations across the United States so that I could get a firsthand look at Medical Simulation Programs successfully utilizing the TraumaMan and CentraLineMan for surgical training. I spent numerous hours visiting with Simulation directors, educators, and technicians all of whom had ecstatic praise of Simulab for their cost-effective, efficient, reliable and realistic training solutions. During this time I put together several short videos which highlight testimonials by these power users of the company and its TraumaMan and CentraLineMan products.
- Introduction to Simulab – Meet the company’s COO Doug Beghile and hear from top clinical educators about why Simulab is the company to work with.
- LSU Hospital OR Ex-Lap In Situ Using TraumaMan – Watch a surgical team repair a nicked aorta and insert a chest tube during an in situ medical simulation OR scenario!
- One TraumaMan trains 200 healthcare professionals a month – Learn how Simulab products can train cost effectively through efficient skin changes for technical staff at the accredited Northshore University simulation center!
- CentraLineMan Proven to Reduce Infections & Hospital Costs – Learn how the CentraLineMan was successfully used in this Feinberg School of Medicine research project for better residency performance outcomes.
- TraumaMan Product Breakdown – Learn about the features of TraumaMan and the new surgical abdomen addon. Watch real time procedure cuts and see firsthand the realism of Simulab skins.
- CentraLineMan Product Breakdown – Watch the features of the CentraLineMan during “first-cut” experiences to witness the realism of Simulab skins and training procedures.
What I can say from all of this work is that anyone looking to train the procedures below MUST take a look at Simulab. Their attention to detail and fast reliable service was spoken about by end users time after time in the videos above. However, having spent time with their leadership these past few months– my biggest personal takeaway was just how much the Simulab team cared about the training outcomes of their customers. Everywhere we went, folks were thrilled to see the team and vice versa — and that is exactly the kind of relationship you want with a simulation vendor!
TraumaMan Surgical Trainer & Optional Systems Training Opportunities:
- Chest Tube Insertion
- Needle Decompression
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Diagnostic Peritoneal Lavage
- IV Cutdown
- Suturing, Incisions
- Catastrophic Event Team Training:
- Nicked Aorta Module
- Flexible Abd. surgical space
CentraLineMan Standard & Optional Systems Training Opportunities:
- Central Vascular Catheterization Using Subclavian, Supraclavicular, and Internal Jugular approaches
- Sterile technique
- Locating vessels with ultrasound
- Inserting Needle
- Threading guidewire
- Passing dilator and triple lumen catheter
- Performing line maintenance
- Learning to use ultrasound guidance during catheter placement
- Locating vessels using palpable landmarks
Have questions about my engagements with Simulab? Email me and I’ll be happy to share more!
Visit Simulab.com to learn more!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.