Multiple Amputation Trauma Trainer (MATT) From Trauma FX
Earlier this year I had a chance to talk with TraumaFX about their incredible trauma trainer, which has amazing potential in military, EMS and fire rescue scenarios. Trauma F/X is apart of KGS, a Kforce, Inc. company. Check out our video interview below to get up close and personal with MATT!
“The TraumaFX Multiple Amputation Trauma Trainer (MATT) is a ruggedized, tetherless, remote controlled trauma trainer that delivers high-fidelity simulations of lower-body blast injuries commonly caused by Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and other explosive devices.
Jointly developed by KGS and the U.S. Army ARL-STTC, MATT employs state-of-the-art special effects materials and technologies to deliver incredibly realistic visual and tactile stimuli with lifelike response to treatment. Tourniquets must be applied with a realistic amount of force to control hemorrhaging and responders can use pressure on arterial pressure points to occlude bleeding.”
MATT Series 1500 Features:
- Realistic, resilient and water resistant
- Full-motion animatronics combined with practical special effects technology
- Specially formulated synthetic tissue with unparalleled realism and durability
- Highly realistic visual and tactile stimuli
- Accurately simulates pulse bleeding and the effects of tourniquet application
- Multiple tourniquet points
- CFCC approved spread-spectrum radio controller
- Remote Control (RC) transmitter line-of-sight range is several hundred yards; in-house range is several hundred feet (depending on structure)
- Arterial bleeding from both legs
- Crepitus to cue for crushed pelvic region
- Can be used with human actors
- Durable urethane core
- Solid state electronics
- Optional interchangeable priapism
- Scrotal avulsion
- Easy to clean and maintain after use
To learn more, visit the MATT Trauma F/X website!