Multiple Amputation Trauma Trainer (MATT) From Trauma FX
Earlier this year I had a chance to talk with TraumaFX about their incredible trauma trainer, which has amazing potential in military, EMS and fire rescue scenarios. Trauma F/X is apart of KGS, a Kforce, Inc. company. Check out our video interview below to get up close and personal with MATT!
“The TraumaFX Multiple Amputation Trauma Trainer (MATT) is a ruggedized, tetherless, remote controlled trauma trainer that delivers high-fidelity simulations of lower-body blast injuries commonly caused by Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and other explosive devices.
Jointly developed by KGS and the U.S. Army ARL-STTC, MATT employs state-of-the-art special effects materials and technologies to deliver incredibly realistic visual and tactile stimuli with lifelike response to treatment. Tourniquets must be applied with a realistic amount of force to control hemorrhaging and responders can use pressure on arterial pressure points to occlude bleeding.”
MATT Series 1500 Features:
- Realistic, resilient and water resistant
- Full-motion animatronics combined with practical special effects technology
- Specially formulated synthetic tissue with unparalleled realism and durability
- Highly realistic visual and tactile stimuli
- Accurately simulates pulse bleeding and the effects of tourniquet application
- Multiple tourniquet points
- CFCC approved spread-spectrum radio controller
- Remote Control (RC) transmitter line-of-sight range is several hundred yards; in-house range is several hundred feet (depending on structure)
- Arterial bleeding from both legs
- Crepitus to cue for crushed pelvic region
- Can be used with human actors
- Durable urethane core
- Solid state electronics
- Optional interchangeable priapism
- Scrotal avulsion
- Easy to clean and maintain after use
To learn more, visit the MATT Trauma F/X website!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.