6th Annual WISER Symposium on Nursing Simulation June 6th-7th
Early next month the University of Pittsburgh’s WISER center will be hosting their 6th annual meeting to support simulation in nursing. Registrations for this June event are still available at $400 per person here.
The Peter M. Winter Institute for Simulation, Education, and Research (WISER) of the University of Pittsburgh, allied with the UPMC Health System, is dedicated to healthcare education and educational research. The Institute features advanced instructional technologies and methods to develop innovative healthcare education programs that are ultimately targeted towards improving the public welfare and safety
Dr. Paul Phrampus, current President of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare and Director of WISER will be providing this year’s keynote address. Paul let me know that this year the meeting will provide a blend of didactic learning at the hotel and more interactive based sessions across the street at the WISER center itself. I am also happy to report that WISER has invited HealthySimulation.com out to cover the event with video, so stay tuned!
Remember, there is still time to Register so learn more about the event at the WISER Nursing Symposium website.
Simulation-based Learning Highlights include:
- Best practices
- Leadership skills
- Assessment methods
- Program development
- Interactive workshops
- Debriefing methods and practices
- Practical pointers and demonstrations
- Use of supplemental educational technology
- Internationally recognized simulation experts
- Overcoming problems and pitfalls in building your simulation program
- Developing competencies through simulation
- Networking opportunities
*10.75 CNE contact hours will be awarded to individuals that complete this 1.5 day symposium.*
Thursday, June 6th
- Building the Simulation Bridge: Past, Present & Future
- Simulation-The Bridge to Patient Safety
- Crossing the Bridge from Simulation to Publishing
- Breakout sessions (Select 3 choices. Participant will be added to their top two choices. Third choices is a back-up. Sessions will be filled on a first come first serve bases.):
- Creating Simulation Policies & Procedures
- Building Simulation Projects & Papers
- Obstetrics and Pediatric Simulation
- Structured and Supported Debriefing: How to Reinforce Your Students Learning
- Curriculum Development & Integration
Friday, June 7th
- Climbing the Bridge to the Top Ten Simulation Articles
- Simulation on the Cheap: Making the Most of Your Resources
- Becoming a Certified Simulation Instructor
- Assessment in Simulation: Making it Fun
- Question and Answer Town Hall Meeting
Learn more about the event at the WISER Nursing Symposium website.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.