MEDNAX Offers On Site Simulation Training & Program Development Opportunities
The new MEDNAX Simulation Program offers healthcare institutions the opportunity to explore onsite medical simulation based education services to identify potential patient safety concerns and areas for process improvement. In addition, the MEDNAX Simulation team can partner with healthcare institutions to help launch new clinical simulation programs. Clinical Educators and Administrators in professional healthcare settings looking to demonstrate or develop the power of healthcare simulation should immediately learn more about these new services from MEDNAX!
Using a multidisciplinary, clinically driven approach to simulation based education, the MEDNAX team partners with clinical educators to provide a comprehensive needs based simulation experience. By utilizing key metrics to assess program development needs and simulation outcomes, the MEDNAX Simulation team builds custom scenarios designed specifically to meet your program’s goals. Following these initiatives, a comprehensive report is published, highlighting staff performance with unique recommendations to improve training efforts.
This MEDNAX program is designed to meet the needs of health care providers and hospital partners and identify areas for process improvement in a safe, simulated environment.
The program focuses on a variety of areas including:
- Interdisciplinary care team dynamics and patient safety strategies for effective communication
- Quality and safety measures specific to your practice
- Consultation to optimize or develop the use of your simulation center and equipment
- Train-the-trainer and standards implementation
In addition to the simulation in healthcare services which can be brought directly to your facility, the MEDNAX Simulation team can partner with external institutions to develop their own simulation programs. Through workshops and additional training opportunities, MEDNAX Simulation can offer your institution a springboard to launch its own successful program. These workshops train your team to develop its own simulation operations, through a needs assessment, developing objectives and formulating scenarios with all the metrics needed.
Specialty areas of team training include:
- NICU — NICU-based scenarios, including delivery
- Labor and Delivery — obstetrical complications during and after delivery
- Pediatrics — general pediatrics, Pediatric ED
- PICU — pediatric emergencies
- Anesthesia — obstetric and non-obstetric scenarios
The MEDNAX Simulation Program offers a unique opportunity to provide dynamic team training and education at your local facility. Developed by experienced simulation educators, their accredited program’s curriculum covers a broad range of simulation scenarios focusing on education, communication, patient safety and quality improvement.
Top 5 Reasons to Consider In Situ Simulation Training with MEDNAX
- Enhance team response to acute situations by providing a realistic experience utilizing equipment, resources and policies specific to your facility.
- Provide your clinical teams with a more unique training experience.
- Create an opportunity for the entire health care team to be engaged in team training.
- Improve your team’s performance in a milieu of safety without adverse consequence.
- Learn from an accredited institution: The MEDNAX SIM program has earned Full Accreditation status from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) in the area of Teaching and Education.
MEDNAX Program Highlights
- Tailored to meet your facility’s logistical and equipment needs
- No travel required
- Full multidisciplinary staff engagement within our customized scenarios, including physician and advanced practice providers
- Two different modalities of simulation-based education and training
- Objective data collection during the simulated experience based on national standards
- Data-driven key performance indicator feedback to local leadership
- Optimization of clinical quality and patient safety indicators
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.