New York Institute of Tech. Offers First Simulation Masters Program in U.S.
The New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of the New York Institute of Technology have unveiled the first U.S. based Masters program that focuses on Medical Simulation! I applaud NYCOM for creating an innovative program to meet’s the new needs of our growing community. The website goes on to explain the program:
“The first such state-approved graduate degree program in the United States, this program prepares professionals for careers in the growing field of human patient simulation. Patient simulation educators use Standardized Patients, mannequin-based simulations, and computer-based simulations to ensure patient safety in clinical settings, teach and assess professional skills at medical and nursing schools, hospitals, and medical licensing boards, and manage patient simulation programs.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to:
- Manage and direct patient simulation centers and patient safety programs
- Develop simulation education courses and curricula
- Develop programs designed to assure quality in clinical settings
- Conduct and collaborate in innovative educational research.
Program highlights include:
- Hybrid didactic courses using the latest educational technology
- Self-directed learning projects
- Hands-on course workshops to prepare learners to work with Standardized Patients and Mannequin-based simulators
- Faculty advisors who are national experts in the human patient simulation field.”
Visit the website to learn more about the curriculum and application requirement for the new program. I will be sure to stay in touch Anthony Errichetti, Ph.D. and the NYCOM Medical Simulation Masters Program as the first class begins!