S3 Singapore October Conference Early-Bird Registration Ends August 31st!
The 2nd S3 Singapore Healthcare Simulation Conference (October 22nd-25th in Academia, Singapore) will provide Clinical Simulation Champions from across Asia and the world to network with world leaders and fellow industry insiders in the healthcare simulation industry, experience the latest in healthcare simulation technology and advanced simulation procedures, and transform the way your teams develop new ideas, healthcare simulation best practices and studies. The first of its kind in the region, the S3 Conference was conceived as a platform for healthcare professionals to share the latest knowledge and skills in healthcare simulation. Early-bird registration ends this month on August 31st, so hurry!
To optimize simulation training outcomes, the Conference brings to one venue, the collective resources and expertise of 3 renowned healthcare simulation organizations:
- SingHealth Duke-NUS Institute of Medical Simulation (SIMS) from Singapore
- Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) from Europe
- The Gathering Of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (SimGHOSTS) from the United States
Over a period of 3 days, delegates will enjoy opportunities to learn from the world’s leading experts in healthcare simulation on a broad spectrum of topics, which aim to supplement existing training practices in a practical and in-depth fashion. Renowned experts in the healthcare simulation field will also share the latest technological advances to transform learners’ experiences.
Join them at Asia’s leading clinical simulation conference and ride the wave of simulation with us as we enhance patient safety for better healthcare!
Harness your knowledge and skills in healthcare simulation through their series of Pre-Conference workshops on:
- Professional Communication Training in Healthcare: Communicating Effectively to Reduce Friction
- Simulated Participant Programs and Practices: A Faculty Development Workshop
- Optimizing Learning With Task Trainers
- Moulage: Pre-Made Wounds Workshop
- Difficult Debriefing Situations
- Simulating “Patient-at-Work” to Understand Patient Workload
Main sessions include a variety of topics including: Technology & Innovation, Faculty Development & Debriefing Interprofessional Education, Curriculum Design & Development, Patient Safety & Quality Assurance, Operations, and Staff Development, Session titles include:
- Interactive Scenarios in 90 Minutes
- Moulage on a Budget
- Serious Games in Health Education
- Setting Up For Success: The Importance of Orientation and Pre-briefing
- Debriefing: Facilitating Reflection Through AI Technique
- Creating and Maintaining Psychologically Safe Learning Environments
- Harnessing Stress in Simulated Escape Situations to Foster Interprofessional Education
- Simulated Mock Scenarios for Interprofessional Code Training at SHP
- Cutting Through The Centre: Et Tu In Situ?
- Can and Should In Situ Replace Centre-based Crisis Resource Management Training?
- Storyboarding for Scenario Development
- Transforming Training Through Gaming: How to Design and Develop a Simulation Game for Healthcare · Musculoskeletal Skills Training in Singapore and Malaysia: Challenges, Directions & Opportunities in a Technological Age
- Tag Team Patient Safety Simulation
- Simulation as Tool for Systems and Patient Care Pathway Assessment and Improvement
- Using Observational Simulation to Improve Patient Safety Outcomes
- Debriefing for Simulationists in Non-Educator Roles
- The Essentials of Designing a Simulation Centre
- Understanding How to Organize, Build and Maintain a Strong Simulation Centre Staff – Lessons From The Operations and Directors’ Perspective
The inaugural S3 Singapore Simulation event took place in 2017 and was a resounding success, with more than 500 participants from across Asia, Europe and the United States. The 2017 Conference presented a wide array of simulation topics, such as scenario-based learning, high performance teams training, virtual and augmented reality training, e-Learning, and the use of standardized patients in healthcare education today. The organizers hope you will join them for the 2019 event this October!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.