B-Line Medical Introduces SimCapture Cloud iOS App
Furthering innovation in Healthcare Simulation, B-Line Medical recently launched an iOS (iPhone / iPad) app for their SimCapture Pro and Enterprise Cloud systems. By integrating their audiovisual recording and debriefing systems with Apple’s ubiquitous hand-held product lines, the company is empowering simulation educators to have even greater flexibility with how they engage learners. On the heels of their IMSH 2019 announcement of a long-term partnership with Laerdal, this is even more big news from B-Line Medical!
To further enhance the flexibility of SimCapture Pro and Enterprise Cloud, B-Line Medical has created an iOS application for use on an iPhone or iPad. The application extends the ability of a simulation center to record, debrief and track medical simulation learning. With a modern and easy-to-use mobile interface, captured and annotated sessions centralize and sync seamlessly with existing center SimCapture units. SimCapture sessions can even be shared with other users directly within the application to anyone worldwide.
The SimCapture iOS app is available on the iOS app store. To download the app, search “B-Line Medical SimCapture” in the App store.
SimCapture Cloud Mobile App Features
- Record, annotate, and upload videos to your SimCapture Cloud site
- Associate mobile recordings with Scenarios, Locations, and Organizations
- Share recorded sessions with other users directly from the app
- Debrief Sessions recorded both with and without the app
- Manage Users, Scenarios, and Sessions (iPad only)
- View system usage reports (iPad only)
About SimCapture From B-Line Medical
From self-enrollment and center sign-in to releasing grades through your learner portal, SimCapture will manage and automate all aspects of simulation center operations. SimCapture accepts inputs from virtually any medical device and supports the broadest range of camera inputs in the industry. This level of flexibility allows for extensive capture combinations of camera angles, scopes, patient monitors, ultrasounds, EMRs and more. In addition, capture can be temporary and portable or permanent and installed depending upon your simulation center’s needs.
Four Levels of Flexibility
- Node (On-Premise or Cloud): Remarkably compact (4.5″x4.5″) and scalable four input SimCapture unit that can be installed quickly and virtually anywhere. SimCapture Pro
- Mobile (iOS Cloud Only): Cloud-based Pro and Enterprise can leverage any iOS mobile device with the SimCapture Mobile App. Captured mobile sessions sync seamlessly.
- SimCapture Pro Ultraportable (On-Premise Only): Comprehensive and portable 3 input capture system (laptop, cameras, mounts, and cable adapters included) in a compact and lightweight briefcase.
- SimCapture Pro Rack servers (On-Premise Only): Highly reliable 4-6 input single rack unit server that offers comprehensive, IP-based or true HD SDI capture of any simulation event or OSCE.
Also New for SimCapture in 2019:
Vue Interface: The mobile and cloud-friendly Vue Interface has now been introduced to both SimCapture Pro and Enterprise. The “Vue” in Vue Interface stands for “verifi ed user experience” and it’s the most uniform, fl exible, and user-friendly simulation LMS in existence.
Single Sign On: The SimCapture platform will soon support single sign on with Shibboleth, allowing the LMS for simulation to work seamlessly alongside your institution’s broader LMS. This frequently requested feature streamlines operations and eliminates username and password confusion for learners and faculty alike.
Long-term Laerdal Partnership
B-Line Medical and Laerdal have signed a long-term partnership focused on seamless integration and simulation-based learning automation. All center activity, users, curriculum, simulator data, and reporting will be handled by a single cloud-based software platform, allowing educators to work more efficiently and effectively. Read more about that announcement from IMSH 2019.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.