Special Discount Code for Virtual Medicine 2019 at Cedars-Sinai March 27+28th
Hurry Sim Champs! There is still time to register for Virtual Medicine 2019 at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles California this March 27th and 28th, and with a special discount code shown below for $100 off! HealthySim attended this event last year and recommend it for medical simulation champions looking to learn more about the numerous developments in virtual reality for medical learning, patient healing, education / training and more!
Developed by the VR clinical research team at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, with generous support from the Marc and Sheri Rapaport Fund for Digital Health Sciences and Precision Health, Virtual Medicine is a two-day symposium that convenes the brightest minds in immersive therapeutics. Attendees learn from case studies, didactic lectures, patient vignettes, and simulation workshops, to achieve the following educational objectives:
- Review evidence supporting the efficacy of medical VR.
- Study use cases where VR worked – and didn’t work – to improve outcomes.
- Learn best practices and pragmatic tips for implementing VR into clinical workflows.
- Discuss the cost-effectiveness and payer perspectives of therapeutic VR programs.
- Hear directly from patients who have received VR therapeutics.
This event is also a great fit for those looking to see the latest VR technologies from leading exhibitors such as Oxford Medical Simulation or Health Scholars to name a few. The event is also major sponsored by the Walt Disney company!
Course Sessions Include Topics & Speakers Such As:
- Virtual Healing: How VR is Easing Pain, Calming Nerves, and Improving Health the Drug-Free Way – Brennan Spiegel, MD, MSHS at Cedars-Sinai
- A Mirror for the Soul: How VR Cures by Enabling Self-Awareness – Diane Gromala, PhD, Simon Fraser University
- The Promise of VR and the Brain: Lessons Learned from Neuroscience – Adam Gazzaley, MD, PhD, UCSF Medical Center
- SimCoach: Expanding the Reach of Psychology through Virtual Humans – Skip Rizzo, PhD, University of Southern California
- Is VR Ready for Primetime in Psychiatry? – Itai Danovitch, MD, MBA, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Transforming the Self Through Immersive Virtual Reality – Mel Slater, PhD, University of Barcelona
- Virtual Reality’s Impact on Business Process in Clinical Training and Public Health – Speakers TBA
- Pediatric Digiceuticals: How Digital Technology is Improving Pediatric Care – Kate Donovan, PhD, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Addiction Prescription? Demystifying the Risk of VR Dependency with Kids – Jeff Gold, PhD, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- How The Walt Disney Company is Reimagining the Pediatric Hospital Experience – Speakers TBA
- Working with the FDA: Insights From Startup Companies – Brennan Spiegel, MD MSHS, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- How Do We Scale Therapeutic VR? Opportunities and Barriers – Brandon Birckhead, MD, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Through the Looking Glass: How Immersive Technology Will Transform Surgical Education for the Better – Rafael Grossman, MD, Surgeon
- Virtuo-Birthing: Experiences Using VR to Ease Labor Pain – Melissa Wong, MD, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Make No Bones About It: VR Helps Orthopedic Pain – Milton Little, MD, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Virtual Healthcare: Towards Best Practices for Clinical Implementation – Howard Rose, M.Ed, CEO and Co-Founder of Firsthand Technology
- On the Cutting Edge of Therapeutic VR and AR – David Rhew, MD, MSHS, CMO Samsung Electronics America
- And many more!
Who Should Attend Virtual Medicine 2019?
Intended for a wide range of stakeholders seeking to learn about the implementation, outcomes, and cost-effectiveness of immersive virtual therapeutics in clinical practice. Participants include clinicians using VR for patient care, patients exploring the benefits of VR as a complementary therapy, hospitals and clinics evaluating the health economics of starting a medical VR program.
Also in attendance will be industry partners developing VR hardware and software solutions, journalists investigating the latest advances in medical VR, and investors seeking to learn the evidence and ROI for healthcare VR solutions. In 2018 the 324 registrants came from 13 countries and 5 continents.
Special Discount for $100 Off!
When selecting a ticket, make sure to enter the promotional code, “HEALTHYSIM” and the discount will be applied for the first 50 attendees for $100 off!