Many Helpful Sim Tech Operation Articles from SimGHOSTS as Early-Bird Event Deadlines Approach
SimGHOSTS, aka The Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists, is the World’s only non-profit organization dedicated specifically to those operating medical simulation technologies. Since 2011 the SimGHOSTS board of directors have partnered with over a dozen simulation centers around the world to provide hands-on conference workshops in all things “Sim Tech“. This year is no different with the 4th annual Australia event at the University of the Sunshine Coast this late June and the 8th annual USA taking place at the brand new Health Science Center at the University of Tennessee in Memphis this early August! Secure your early-bird registration now and while you wait, check out these helpful blog articles below from the team to help better your healthcare simulation program today! Did you know subscription is only $60 a year? Thats less than a cup of coffee!
In collaboration with: Simulation Australasia,
Australian Society for Simulation in Healthcare (ASSH),
Serious Games & Showcase Australasia
Host: University of the Sunshine Coast
Sippy Downs, Queensland
Pre-Symposium: 27th June, 2018
Symposium: 28th-29th June, 2018
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Center for Healthcare Improvement and Patient Simulation
Pre-Symposium: July 31st, 2018
Symposium: August 1st-3rd, 2018
Who Should Attend SimGHOSTS Events?
Anyone responsible for the technical operation of a medical simulation lab including full-time or part-time Sim Techs, or clinical educators tasked with operating the day-to-day of simulation spaces. As well, anyone evaluating medical-simulation based technology should strongly consider attending as most major industry vendors are encouraged to attend.
Other meetings are better suited for clinical educators specifically looking to learn how to teach with medical simulation, except for the 2018 Australia event which will also provide content for the categories of Debriefing, Simulation Education & Research Methodology, Serious Games, VR & AR.
Administrators of simulation programs should also consider sending their institution’s AV and IT related staff members who are responsible for supporting the simulation program. In our most recent events, staff from AV and IT departments outside of the healthcare simulation program found immense benefit from participating in SimGHOSTS to better understand the needs of their institution’s simulation program!
SimGHOSTS events provide hands-on training workshops, special pre-symposium courses and podium presentations in:
- Manikin Programming & Hardware Repair
- A/V System Design, Integration and Consolidation
- IT Networking & Debugging
- Trauma & Suturing Moulage Makeup
- Video Production & Editing Techniques
- Team Communication & Leadership
- Medical Pharmacology for Scenarios
- Career Development & Staff Management
- Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR)
- Australia Event Also Includes: Debriefing, Simulation Education & Research Methodology, Serious Games
- Much much more!
Latest Healthcare Simulation Articles from SimGHOSTS.org:
- A Future for Simulation Professionals: What are simulation professionals? Technicians? Specialists? Practitioners? Administrators? Educators? And what, pray tell, what is a Simulationist?
- Repacking Items: A Look at the Difference Between Supply Cost and the Cost of Time/Labor.
- How to Create a Drug Book: This drug book cuts down on the number of saline bags that a simulation lab has to have for cases.
- Leading The Way: How Technology is Changing Health Professional Education
- Webinar: “INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation Operations”
- Oh, Simulation How I Have Missed Thee!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.