Search Almost 250,000 Medical Simulation Articles Through NCCMMS & ACS
Bob Armstrong, the director of the SCSIL Eastern Virginia Medical School Norfolk VA, serves as the director of research and business development at the National Center for Collaboration in Medical Modeling and Simulation, aka NCCMMS. He recently shared some great news for healthcare simulation champions! Together with the American College of Surgeons (ACS), NCCMMS has put together a Medical Modeling and Simulation Database that searches more than 245,976 articles that is FREE to access!
This database has written permission to share all the abstracts in the database, but you will still need either institutional or personal access to PubMed and other sites to download the paper.
The Medical Modeling and Simulation Database (MMSD) is a searchable collection of research citations and organizational presence in the medical modeling and simulation domain. Currently, the collection of publications represent a filtered selection from PubMed, which is intended to raise awareness of the magnitude and breadth of activity in this field and to encourage continued research and collaboration within the simulation community.
The MMSD is updated quarterly to provide the most current research articles and publications available.
More about NCCMMS
NCCMMS was formally established by the United States Congress in 2001 and is a joint program between Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) and Old Dominion University (ODU). It is co-led by Don Combs, Ph.D., Vice President and Dean of the School of Health Professions at EVMS and John Sokolowski, Ph.D., Research Professor and Executive Director of the Virginia Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation Center at ODU. NCCMMS Goals include:
- Develop simulation-based technologies that impart efficient and effective learning, support certification in new procedures, and support periodic recertification requirements to improve the training and education of health care professionals.
- Develop simulation-based technologies to improve patient care.
- Develop and employ medical modeling and simulation standards to foster cost effective products and prevent duplication.
- Develop a cadre of trained medical and health care simulation specialists to further domain expertise.
- Collaborate with medical and health care licensing bodies regarding the proper use of simulation in teaching, training, and certification.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.