Southern California Simulation Collaborative November 29th Meeting
The next SCSC meeting on NOVEMBER 29th will be hosted by Kathryn Schaivone of the Kaiser Permanente Southern California Region and the meeting will be held at the KP Fontana Medical Center. Breakfast will be available at 8:30am and the meeting will begin at 9am. The SCSC was developed with leadership provided by CINHC, supported with initial funding from the Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Grants Program in 2009. The SCSC built upon the learnings and success of the BASC funded by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, and provides a regional mechanism to facilitate networking and support collaboration in the advancement of simulation practices in Los Angeles and the five surrounding county area.
- February Meeting: VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Blvd
- Building 500; Los Angeles, CA 90073-1003. Date to be announced. Host: Dr. Glen Hoshizaki MD.
- Venues needed for May, September, and November meetings 2018.
- CSA/SCSC activities 2018
- Possible workshop/webinar on Research Basics
- CSA table at IMSH January Los Angeles.
- Report from CSA committee members.
- Presentation. Kaiser Regional Simulation Program. Kathryn Schaivone, MHA, CHSE.
- Kaiser Fontana Medical Center Simulation Program. Pam McGill and Cheryl Halliday –
- Simulation evaluation forms sharing and discussion (please bring your sim eval form)
- Meet CAE’s new manikin Juno – presented by Julie Giles
The KP Sim Center is located at Valley Cities Building on the campus of Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center: 9961 Sierra Ave, Fontana, CA 92335. The education building is in trailers, parking is available in front of the building. There is a temporary sign on the building. Simulation and Human Factors Education (SAHFE) Center Phone: (909) 609-3674 Diana Richardson (Education and Professional Development Dept). Please RSVP if you plan to attend ([email protected]).
Today’s article was guest authored by Kim Baily PhD, MSN, RN, CNE, Simulation Coordinator for Los Angeles Harbor College. Over the past 15 years Kim has developed and implemented several college simulation programs and currently chairs the Southern California Simulation Collaborative.
Have a story to share with the global healthcare simulation community? Submit your simulation news and resources here!