New Featured Job: Simulation Operator for U.S. Air Force Medical Service in Baltimore, MD
The latest featured position from our medical simulation jobs listings! Engenium Staffing are currently seeking a Simulation Operator to assist with medical simulation training for the United States Air Force Medical Service (AFMS) Center for the Sustainment of Trauma and Readiness Skills (C-STARS) Program. Simulation Operators have the responsibility for the operation of simulation equipment and help with coordinating and integrating organizational training initiatives.
- Operates and maintains task trainers, mannequin-based simulators, and surgical simulators, virtual reality procedural trainers, and associated supplies and equipment
- Operates simulation equipment with the ability to follow medical aspects of training scenarios and make appropriate adjustments based on participant actions
- Operates an audio-video recording system
- Sets up simulation supplies/equipment to meet assigned training site objectives
- Facilitates simulation training and provides collaborative feedback to Course Directors and/or Medical Facility staff
- Responsible for input and tracking of information associated with training data
- Works with a broad array of stakeholders to contribute to the development of educationally sound simulation curriculum (e.g., scenarios) as needed.
- Functions as the AFMS subject matter expert and resource liaison in the field of simulation operations
- Assists with any other duties that may be needed as determined by the local Simulation Coordinator or the AFMS Medical Modeling and Simulation Program
- Associates Degree in related discipline
- 5 years of clinical experience (EMT, Paramedic, or LPN etc.)
- 1-2 years’ experience in operation of common human patient simulators and part task trainers
- Experience in operation of audio-video recording system
- Basic understanding of computer programming
- Basic understanding of medical scenario development
- Bachelor’s Degree in education/training, or nursing, or 10 years of clinical experience and 5 years of educational experience.
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Previous military experience, particularly military medical experience.
- Familiarity with military medical readiness training.
- Current professional certifications, including: Certified TeamSTEPPS; Certified BLS-Healthcare Provider; Certified ACLS and PALS.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
For more details and to apply, contact: Jason Irving [email protected]
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.